BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 8/22/2017 9:54:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Never really had any interest in the MCX but that is a pretty nice little setup.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I want.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't see the need for a 5.5" 5.56 gun, but it does reinforce the modularity of the system.
View Quote

It does?  It's not compatible with any existing MCX.  You cannot use a suppressor with it.  And the 5.56 and 300BLK versions use completely different gas systems.

Are they really saying they made this because people were asking for it?!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#4]
So the rattler uppers are DI instead of piston; interesting. I just want to know if its compatible with regular MCX lowers. It seems like the lower is the same dimensions but different styling. I already have an original MCX SBR pending transfer but I would mind having one of these. We need Coregon in here to answer some specifics.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this the LVAW? Looks pretty sick. Sure hope that it works with regular MCX lowers, as I've got a SBR'd one.

Sig, thanks for innovating while all other companies were just rehashing the AR.

Also, hire me for something.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Slightly smaller folded stock, too. Comb height, LOP, buttpad size, and angle look changed.

Hell, I might be interested just in the stock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw the stock too.   Not bad.

in 5.56 that may be loud.... and warm
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like they are going to sell upper separately. If its compatible with my original mcx lower I might just get one of the new PDW stocks and the rattler 300blk upper. That was I can go 9 inch suppressed or really short 300blk with rattler. I assume my sig 762TIQD is rated for barrel that short in 300blk.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking only with subs. Might be worth asking sig about ratings though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I already have the 6.75" 300Blk MCX...For me, I honestly cannot see the justification in spending the $2700 asking price to lose 1.25"

The fact they even bothered with tooling to make a 5.56 barrel for this is pretty hilarious I think. 5.5" with 55gr, what is that? 1750 fps? And it can't be suppressed? Think I'll take a solid pass on that one.

Ballistics from the 5.5" 300blk however are more forgiving... but still.

Honestly I think the only thing I'm truly excited for is that new stock thats pictured on it, and that the article says we might start seeing these mythic AR lower adapters.

I was really hoping Sig's big news today was going to be announcing a release of the 308 CSASS MCX they showed a year or so ago...That, would get my money for sure.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I seriously doubt there are any cans rated to 5.5" 300blk
View Quote
Sandman
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I kind of like that pistol grip, too.  Honestly, I'm intrigued by this thing.  I know that the ballistics of any 5" barrel rifle cartridge are going to suck, but probably a damn sight more powerful and potentially accurate than a pistol.  If the upper isn't a stupid price, I may buy one eventually.

I hope that Coregon has some insight on this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in seeing where they'd rate it that short.

Anyways, guess I don't see why suppressing is a deal breaker. The whole point is to have a rifle that fits in a shoulder holster. It's a very narrow usage criteria this was designed for.

Im sure you can put a can on it. But it's not really designed with that in mind and will probably negatively affect function (and the can).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sandman
I'd be interested in seeing where they'd rate it that short.

Anyways, guess I don't see why suppressing is a deal breaker. The whole point is to have a rifle that fits in a shoulder holster. It's a very narrow usage criteria this was designed for.

Im sure you can put a can on it. But it's not really designed with that in mind and will probably negatively affect function (and the can).
Sandman K would be pretty dope on this set up, and Deadair doesn't have any barrel length restrictions on their suppressors. At least on centerfire rifle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#18]
For subsonic 300s, sure this is great.   when you start with a speed limit, the barrel length dont matter much.  So long as the 200+ grain projectiles get up near the speed of sound, that it.   Even with out a suppressor adding weight and length, it would be fun to shoot.

Now if we are talking 5.56, thats just silly.    All you would get is a flash-bang ever time you pull the trigger.   thats fun for the first 3 rounds.   then its just annoying.    Never mind terminal ballistics of 55grain M193 going like 1850 fps, which is the normal velocity at like 300 meters.  I just dont see it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For subsonic 300s, sure this is great.   when you start with a speed limit, the barrel length dont matter much.  So long as the 200+ grain projectiles get up near the speed of sound, that it.   Even with out a suppressor adding weight and length, it would be fun to shoot.

Now if we are talking 5.56, thats just silly.    All you would get is a flash-bang ever time you pull the trigger.   thats fun for the first 3 rounds.   then its just annoying.    Never mind terminal ballistics of 55grain M193 going like 1850 fps, which is the normal velocity at like 300 meters.  I just dont see it.
View Quote
Would it not be possible to do a limited run of 556 that uses powder optimized for the much shorter barrel?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Gents - sorry I'm late to the party, have a couple of weeks of travel behind me now.

I snapped a few more pictures, just for y'all to see something other than stock photos.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Will my 762Ti QD be rated for the 5.5" 300blk rattler? will rattler upper drop onto my legacy mcx? Is the rattler smaller pdw side folder going to be sold separately?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Neat little gun. Hopefully I'll see one soon at the Sig Pro Shop.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Coregon,

Thank you for those pics. Do you have any pics of the 5.5" 5.56 barrel? Also will the 5.56 barrel be reliable at that length?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#24]
My bitch is, they still don't have parts for the MCX. Yeah, more cool pics of new stuff but no spare parts and no availability in sight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My bitch is, they still don't have parts for the MCX. Yeah, more cool pics of new stuff but no spare parts and no availability in sight.
View Quote
Standard Sig M.O.  Always moving onto hyping the next big thing and quietly dropping support for the previous next big thing, which they barely supported anyway.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone have pics of the 5.56 Barrel?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does anyone have pics of the 5.56 Barrel?
View Quote
No 556 barrel in my possession yet.  Will post pics as soon as I have one/get access to one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you Coregon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 1:56:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Not my picture, but taken by a good buddy of mine while shooting at the SIG Sauer Academy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool pic. Whats the Rattler ship date? I heard late September.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorta want.

I kinda like it. I just want one in 308. If we're going to make an abortion of a PDW, lets just fucking go for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I called Sig yesterday and asked if the 762qd suppressor would be ok on a 5.5 barrel (I have one in jail right now). The guy was very adamant that their suppressor is just fine on the rattler and they run the crap out of them suppressed.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:30:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I assume you are referring to non Ti suppressor correct?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I assume you are referring to non Ti suppressor correct?
View Quote
762-QD would be the steel QD can.

This short of a barrel is going to require you to stick to steel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I just want the stock.   Does sig have a part number for that guy?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just want the stock.   Does sig have a part number for that guy?
View Quote
Not yet.  We'll fill the backlog before individual components are released.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Honestly I think the only thing I'm truly excited for is that new stock thats pictured on it, and that the article says we might start seeing these mythic AR lower adapters.
View Quote
I'd like to see that as well.

I want a short 300BLK with my Sandman tucked under a M-LOK handguard.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked SIG's Director, Marketing Communications & Public Relations why (unless I am mistaken, but I don't think so as I paused the new commercial to look carefully) in one SIG commercial they show the AR lower adapter with the SIG upper on an AR lower and in a later commercial (currently being shown on Guns & Ammo TV) why the AR lower with the SIG upper no longer shows the AR lower adapter.  I said thus it could appear that one doesn't have to use the adapter, and if it is needed, how do I buy it?  I also said it appears dangerous to not have the adapter in place and just a little bit of plastic is holding the recoil springs and rods from your face.  He replied it is needed, but no answer as to how I get one for my existing MCX pistol upper (for use on my SBR AR lower) other than it would come with the Rattler upper.  I again asked how I buy one for my existing upper and gave him the serial number of my MCX pistol to prove I own one...no answer.  Note:  I asked him because he gave his name and email in a SIG video showing the Rattler and said anyone with questions can ask him.  

Along with the AR lower adapter, I'd like to get the trip lever and pin that holds it in place that goes into the slot on the rear left side of the MCX upper.  The trip lever functions to trip the auto sear in the M16 lower providing for full auto fire.  I said I'd provide proof of M16 ownership.  He said it's not available for sale.  If I was a smarty, I'd have said since it's not available for sale, how about for free!   If I was a real smarty, I could post his name and complete email address so he could be deluged with questions and comments.  But I am patient, but at 69 years old, I don't have infinite time.  

Finally, I'll ask this again.  If anyone knows what bbl steel SIG uses in its MCX, I'd appreciate knowing.  Running long term bbl wear testing and want to know where SIG's MCX bbls fit with other maker's bbls.  SIG won't tell me so far...says it's proprietary.  I said if it's good steel, they ought to be proud of it and say so in advertising.  Other bbl makers were happy to give me their bbl info.

Edited to add:  The Marketing Direction sent me a quick note today (Sept 6th) that he's out with a family emergency, and that he's passed my question onto another SIG employee to answer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Of course you can't get the part. The next model will be the sidewinder and after that the swindler, heard a final series will be the carpetbagger.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#41]
I think I'll need one to go with my MCX and MPX SBR.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#43]
I have an SBR'd AR lower.  I would really like a folding shorty .300 like this, but maybe a little bit longer barrel.  
Am I understanding correctly that although they are listing a pistol with brace and an SBR for sale now, they will be offering a turnkey kit that will work on an AR SBR lower?  If so, will this kit allow use of the currently available 6.75" and/or 9" barrel, or would the new gas system mean any future different barrel lengths would have to be made specifically for this version?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not my picture, but taken by a good buddy of mine while shooting at the SIG Sauer Academy

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/FullSizeRender-295195.JPG
View Quote
Every picture and video I am seeing of the rattler has an rmr style sight mounted to it. Is this just coincidence or are users favoring this setup?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Every picture and video I am seeing of the rattler has an rmr style sight mounted to it. Is this just coincidence or are users favoring this setup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/232800/FullSizeRender-295195.JPG
I have a Romeo1 on mine.  A lot of guys here are using everything from Romeo4, Romeo3, Romeo1, etc
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks. Are people favoring using risers with the rattler?  Tough to tell how the small stock will interface with the sight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Any pics yet of the 5.56 Rattler Barrel?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Any pics yet of the 5.56 Rattler Barrel?
View Quote
Not yet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully you can answer. How is the recoil on it in 300 blk also the side concussions?  How is the trigger. I have no use for the rattler but can't help to really want one and may try to reserve one tomorrow. Just want to make sure I could shoot a couple hundred rounds before I annoy everyone around me. Actually it may be a good way to get the range to myself
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top