Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2003 10:57:27 AM EDT
Well, after searching these forums I decided to go with the Adams & Bennett + Hogue Overmold stock combo from MidwayUSA.  I just installed it and wow - it really makes the rifle look nice!  It's very front heavy now, but the feel of it - particularly the stock - is very nice.

Definitely worth the $110 or so that it cost me!

Out of curiosity, when I install the barrel, is it ready to shoot right "out of the box" so to speak, or do I need to prep anything?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
i have the same set up as your, A&B barrel, and hogue overmolded, with volquartsen trigger guard 2000. i like it, thinkin of addin harris bipod. mine was ready to go right outa the box, although im using a cheapo simmons 3 X 9 on there now, but it wasnt too bad, at 50 yards with the new barrel it was off by about 5-6 inches. but up and down was right on. HEY lemme ask ya question how tight was the barrel to fit in the reciever, i had to "lightly" tap it on, while my butler creek cheap POS carbon one fit right on. jus curious. peace.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
When I installed the barrel, I had to push it in with a small amount of force (just short of having to tap it in).  I took it to the range last weekend and loved it.  The kit transforms it into a whole new rifle and I am VERY impressed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
How long is that Brl?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
18 inches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top