Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2013 12:25:11 PM EDT
I cant seem to find much on these. Are they good to go?  I see them around gun shops once I n a while. Don't seem to sell very well. I like the idea better than having a dedicated AR15 in 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at these a while back when looking for a pistol caliber carbine or a way to build one.

The reviews were not horrible, but one recurring problem owners reported was that the magazine could easily be over inserted if given too hard of a seating smack, which could cause damage to the magazine and/or rifle if fired while this way.

I am not sure if they ever fixed this, but it was enough for me to hold off on buying one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked at these a while back when looking for a pistol caliber carbine or a way to build one.

The reviews were not horrible, but one recurring problem owners reported was that the magazine could easily be over inserted if given too hard of a seating smack, which could cause damage to the magazine and/or rifle if fired while this way.

I am not sure if they ever fixed this, but it was enough for me to hold off on buying one.
View Quote

That was true on the older ones, but the factory has made a change to prevent it from occuring. My new model has a feed ramp/magazine stop to make sure the mag stops in exactly the right spot. Mine is a 9mm but my understanding is they did that to all of them. Check on their web site, I think they may mention that somewhere.

My new JRC is just that, Just Right!   100% flawless
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like PCCs, and saw some good comments on the JRC. I got one in 45acp, but it is not my favorite PCC because it is so hard to break down to clean. It looks like and AR, but it does not have an upper and lower, you need to remove the stock to get the bolt out. Its fun to shoot, not much recoil. IMO I'd rather shoot my AR15 9mm than the JRC.
Link Posted: 9/20/2013 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one in 9mm. Love the thing. Super reliable with reloads and factory rounds so far. At 1k fired and no FTF or FTE.

The only downside I have seen is the pain of cleaning. I haven't cleaned mine yet because of it :(
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one in 9mm. Love the thing. Super reliable with reloads and factory rounds so far. At 1k fired and no FTF or FTE.

The only downside I have seen is the pain of cleaning. I haven't cleaned mine yet because of it :(
View Quote

The cleaning thing is true....but for me not a deal breaker.  I normally just lock the bolt back, clean and inspect the barrel and the bolt face. I put a couple of drops on the bolt (through the ejection slot and the charging handle slot) and she is G-T-G.

I have owned two 9mm AR's, both a dedicated and a mag well conversion and both were pretty darn reliable. However...for what ever reason I like the JRC more than the 9mm AR. I do miss the BHO on the AR but other than that, the JRC just seems like a nicer rifle to shoot. My late model JRC handles every load I have tried in it from 95 gr to 147 gr. and feeds 100% from both factory Glock mags as well as my mixed bag of Korean and other after-market mags.    However, YMMV

OH...in thinking about it some more....the JRC uses Glock magazines (that one more carbine I have and a pistol I have use) and its a very simple operation to convert the JRC to other calibers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2013 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my 9mm but I seriously regret not getting it in .40 cal.  We all carry GLOCK 22s at work, and the arms room is stocked with thousands upon thousands of rounds of .40 cal ammo.  I would buy the conversion stuff, but the wife just got laid off so that is on the backburner with my plans to SBR mine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one in 45 acp.  I have fired factory ammo and semi wadcutter handloads with no problems, except with the 27 round kci mag. After loading the 27 round magazine a couple of times it has worked flawlessly. If it will feed and shoot the ammo I've shot through it,  I would say it's GTG.
Link Posted: 10/13/2013 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Local gun shop with an indoor range bought one for rental......it has spent more time in maintenance than on the rental line....may be just that gun.....and it has gotten a significant round count through it as well.....not slamming the gun....just found it interesting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any issues with g18 mags? I bought a bunch in anticipation of getting one in 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Any issues with g18 mags? I bought a bunch in anticipation of getting one in 9mm.
View Quote

None I know of...work perfectly in mine so far.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:28:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. I will continue with the hoarding!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#13]
What do these carbines sell for?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I paid about $675 for my 9mm from buds 2 months ago.
The mag issue is resolved for guns made after mid December 2012.
The updated quad rail is much nicer than in most pics on these too.
I like it a lot, it's my only "AR", I'm an AK guy with a glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top