If so where to get parts?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any way to convert these to a 1x?

View Quote
The original 1x lenses are no longer available. From what I've read, you can use the adapter listed below with a 25mm c mount lens to achieve 1x magnification.

I've ordered the adapter, but not a lens. The lens is much harder to find, as you want one built for a 1" sensor, with manual focus, and ideally no shutter. These particular lens are commonly used for CCTV cameras, but have become popular with the micro 4/3 camera crowd.

You also want a high f stop on the lens. An f1.5 lens is a higher f stop than an f2.0 lens. Ideally you want to stay under f2.0
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Any way to convert these to a 1x?

View Quote
Quoted:

The original 1x lenses are no longer available. From what I've read, you can use the adapter listed below with a 25mm c mount lens to achieve 1x magnification.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00JEROI5SI've ordered the adapter, but not a lens. The lens is much harder to find, as you want one built for a 1" sensor, with manual focus, and ideally no shutter. These particular lens are commonly used for CCTV cameras, but have become popular with the micro 4/3 camera crowd.

You also want a high f stop on the lens. An f1.5 lens is a higher f stop than an f2.0 lens. Ideally you want to stay under f2.0
View Quote
Some info here.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Need_1x_lens_for_ATN_Night_Spirit_2__and_helmet_mount/18-469667/

Basically what Islandtimes said
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait why are you converting these?
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
because I have several
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

To anyone who took the gamble and got some that didn't work and would like to unload theirs, shoot me an IM.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wait why are you converting these?
View Quote
Because they are 3X magnification
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've ordered the adapter, but not a lens. The lens is much harder to find, as you want one built for a 1" sensor, with manual focus, and ideally no shutter. These particular lens are commonly used for CCTV cameras, but have become popular with the micro 4/3 camera crowd.

View Quote
The Computar 25mm lenses mentioned in the other thread are a good option. They have a decent reputation in the astronomy community for use with night vision monoculars and those guys can be very picky about optical quality.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#9]
My 2 units finally arrived. One had a heavily corroded/partially missing battery cap. Swapped the very clean and intact cap from the other unit and TADA!!!! We have light!

Attachment Attached File

The other units switch was fucked up and this one may have gotten left on when it broke.

Attachment Attached File

I threw a battery and the good cap on this one, no green glow. When I switched to the IR, the IR lit up (I checked it with my phone camera).

What would be the next step? Crack it open and look for loose broken stuff? Then put 3 volts to the tube leads?

OP, thanks for posting this deal. You helped this Po Boy get into another NV device.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Gentlemen. Apex lists that they have one more in stock. EDIT. It's gone.

It was sold out before, but I got mine after they "sold out" once before.

My piggy banks are tapped out for the Holidays.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#11]
If anyone wants to sell theirs, hit me up
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello all. Since I'm hacking into this thing to learn, I am taking photos. Figured it couldn't hurt to share.

It seems that everything on the inside was intact. No loose/broken connections.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Some more.

I touched the 2 leads on the tube onto a CR123 battery and got no glow. So I'm assuming this tube is dead, correct?

Maybe I'll get my mitts on a different tube that will fit and make this bad boy work.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some more.

I touched the 2 leads on the tube onto a CR123 battery and got no glow. So I'm assuming this tube is dead, correct?

Maybe I'll get my mitts on a different tube that will fit and make this bad boy work.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399622/KIMG1149_JPG-760447.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399622/KIMG1150_JPG-760448.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399622/KIMG1151_JPG-760449.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/399622/KIMG1152_JPG-760450.JPG
View Quote
Dead unless the leads are fucked at the tube.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dead unless the leads are fucked at the tube.
View Quote
That's my thinkin. It makes sense, this was the unit with the destroyed knob on the switch. It may have gotten dropped and broken while running and got left on.

There was something like Gorilla glue all over everything, I can get the tube out becuase there is glue all over it. The tab that mates with the groove in the tube is gone.

EDIT. Tube is out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I purchased two different 25mm lenses off of ebay to try out. One is a Computar 25mm f1.4, and the other is a Pentax 25mm f1.4 which looks to have larger lenses than the Computar. The Pentax was scheduled to be delivered today, except not since the mail isn't running today.

Question: I purchased several PVS14 mounts to use with the night spirit, but the mounts all have a small nub on them that interfaces with a PVS14. Should I file the nub off of the mounts, or remove some material from the night spirit so that the nubs fit?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I purchased two different 25mm lenses off of ebay to try out. One is a Computar 25mm f1.4, and the other is a Pentax 25mm f1.4 which looks to have larger lenses than the Computar. The Pentax was scheduled to be delivered today, except not since the mail isn't running today.

Question: I purchased several PVS14 mounts to use with the night spirit, but the mounts all have a small nub on them that interfaces with a PVS14. Should I file the nub off of the mounts, or remove some material from the night spirit so that the nubs fit?
View Quote
@Islandtimes

I usually modify the part that is cheaper/easier to replace. In this case the PVS14 mount.

Let me know which lens works I'd like to get one for my working unit. Should probably get a PVS14 mount too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's waay to heavy to be doing this conversion. But post pics!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@Islandtimes

I usually modify the part that is cheaper/easier to replace. In this case the PVS14 mount.

Let me know which lens works I'd like to get one for my working unit. Should probably get a PVS14 mount too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Islandtimes

Okay, the Cosmicar/Pentax lens came in today... and it works great! This lens must be for a 1" sensor as there is minimal vignetting. There is some fisheye, but the 3x lens also has that problem.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as weight:

NS2 w/ 3x lens - 22.9 oz

3x lens - 10.1 oz

NS2 w/ 1x lens - 15.5 oz

So yeah, it's a little heavy, but doesn't seem too bad considering. I don't yet have a helmet or crye nightcap to try it with. This lens does have a shutter, so if you removed that you'd lose a little more weight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As far as weight:

NS2 w/ 3x lens - 22.9 oz

3x lens - 10.1 oz

NS2 w/ 1x lens - 15.5 oz

So yeah, it's a little heavy, but doesn't seem too bad considering. I don't yet have a helmet or crye nightcap to try it with. This lens does have a shutter, so if you removed that you'd lose a little more weight.
View Quote
Awesome man! I'll have to pic up one of those lenses. That image looks great. It's also a huge weight reduction. I have a couple different mount ideas.

Is this the right lens? @IslandTimes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosmicar-Pentax-25mm-1-1-4-f1-4-C-Mount-Lens-CCTV-M4-3-Q-Digital-Cameras/153205900776?hash=item23abc885e8:g:CoQAAOSw6EZbtjZA
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Awesome man! I'll have to pic up one of those lenses. That image looks great. It's also a huge weight reduction. I have a couple different mount ideas.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosmicar-Pentax-25mm-1-1-4-f1-4-C-Mount-Lens-CCTV-M4-3-Q-Digital-Cameras/153205900776?hash=item23abc885e8:g:CoQAAOSw6EZbtjZA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as weight:

NS2 w/ 3x lens - 22.9 oz

3x lens - 10.1 oz

NS2 w/ 1x lens - 15.5 oz

@fmj_shooter yep, looks to be the same one I ordered.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#23]
That's actually really fucking cool dude, nice work! The 10130 project ever take off?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I have one to spare if someone wants to PM me.

It is totally dead in regard to the tube. I will sell it for exactly what it cost me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:48:15 PM EDT
[#25]
So the mounts don't quite line up, but this works okay. I don't have anywhere to actually shoot it like this, but I don't think it would be horrible. A non cantilever mount for the aimpoint might actually work better.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The bottom picture is with the IR weapon light on.

Really hard to get a good picture. The images were actually very crisp.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That's actually really fucking cool dude, nice work! The 10130 project ever take off?
View Quote
this @uniquesnd
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
this @uniquesnd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this @uniquesnd
Still on the hunt for a good MX1030 to use. The one I used for mock up needs a new PSU.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#28]
The Computar 25mm f1.4 lens came in and I was able to try it out. While the lens is shorter than the Pentax lens, the field of view seems to be the same, with a negative being that it is a heavier lens.

Side by side the picture did seem dimmer through the Computar lens, but that may have just been the tube.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Still on the hunt for a good MX1030 to use. The one I used for mock up needs a new PSU.
View Quote
What's a fair price for a MX10130 tube? I've been looking for one for awhile.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Photonis makes discount 10130's.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's the going price for a Photonis versus surplus or other sourced ones??
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Well I took advantage of the 15% off eBay coupon and ordered a ZenitCo Perst-1 IR desgnator. For the price it seems like it would be pretty decent, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:59:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well I took advantage of the 15% off eBay coupon and ordered a ZenitCo Perst-1 IR desgnator. For the price it seems like it would be pretty decent, but we'll see.
View Quote
Rough price?

I have a Christmas bonus coming. I’d prefer to sell/trade a couple NVG decvices and buy Duals, but if I can’t find what I want...
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 3:41:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
HMU for parts source, on Tuesday after I get the parts list off mine.
View Quote
@NSFJojo PM sent for parts source
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Rough price?

I have a Christmas bonus coming. I’d prefer to sell/trade a couple NVG decvices and buy Duals, but if I can’t find what I want...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rough price?

Ended up being $133 shipped. There was another pro code for $10 for using a Mastercard, but I couldn't get that one to work.

There's not a lot of info about it out there. If it doesn't hold zero under recoil or isn't suited for longer range, I have a 22LR AR that it should do fine on.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ended up being $133 shipped. There was another pro code for $10 for using a Mastercard, but I couldn't get that one to work.

There's not a lot of info about it out there. If it doesn't hold zero under recoil or isn't suited for longer range, I have a 22LR AR that it should do fine on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rough price?

That’s sort of how I’m thinking....

If it doesn’t hold zero on an AR, I’ll put it on my MP5.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

That’s sort of how I’m thinking....

If it doesn’t hold zero on an AR, I’ll put it on my MP5.
View Quote
Sounds like a good fit for my Scorpion. I'll have to look for one. I saw one listed not too long ago.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:

What's the going price for a Photonis versus surplus or other sourced ones??
View Quote
@NSFJojo

I'd like to know as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#39]
They had goggles a minute ago...

https://www.apexgunparts.com/more/surplus.html/night-vision-atn-nvg-7-gen-2-dual-eye-relief-innop-asis.html

I got 2 before they went out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/more/surplus.html/night-vision-atn-nvg-7-gen-2-dual-eye-relief-innop-asis.html

View Quote
Damn. I even browsed and searched their site this morning and those weren't listed. They must have put them up this afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damn. I even browsed and searched their site this morning and those weren't listed. They must have put them up this afternoon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So did I, but some guy posted a thread so I jumped.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#42]
So the factory in China that makes these doesn't know if they still have spare parts laying around because they haven't made them in a long time. Russian contact says Katod isn't selling tubes ("Katod is VERY highly regulated by the state now. All components of modern NV devices are banned for export. Only gen 1 and 1+ are allowed.") but Ekran is but the price for a new one is 600-3k depending on the specs (private chat with two different chinese manufacturers) and that's without a mark up from what they pay according to them. Photonis has the XX0041C's they are something like 60% the price of an echo according to a very knowledgeable source.

I asked Glynn about hooking it the fuck up with them since he's like the NA go to guy for Photonis shit but he said he'd have to order a lot at once to get it done. TNVC has Russian contacts and tubes in their other line so they could step in to clarify. The chinese manufacturer did offer to repair any unit but not for any reasonable cost I'd assume, plus shipping is atrocious back and forth. The only way to get a hold of the Chinese manufacturer is to know them and use the Chinese messaging app because otherwise they aren't very friendly. If you want to send your unit in, I'd suspect it would be more than a new unit costs on Amazon. The parts themselves are or are not available because he sucks at english and I can't understand half the shit he types, but he's cool as fuck anyway.

Sorry, been sick and Tyler at UNV sent me a whole fucking RQE bridge, clip set, skull spoon and a texas lasered pmag for free because he's awesome. I'll post some pics of it using dual mums later this week, I want to do him some justice for basically shipping $1k worth of shit on his dime for nothing more than me writing an email back in June. He's cool.

Also, TNVC needs to unban you know who asap. He was an asset to us here and this is the last active NVG forum on the net. We need every person in this hobby to be able to share as much information as possible because this is all going to be a lost art soon (L3 already proved they just randomly push buttons to produce a shitty wildly variable product. Thanks L3, you fucking cucks) and without an archive our grandchildren may never know the full story behind these, like vacuum tubes are to this generation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#43]
This thread can't die until we get word on the 10130 mod.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I picked one up last week and have a half ass dead tube. Itll create a picture however is very noisy and only seems to pick up headlights, light from windows, etc.  You could see outdoors without it better than with haha

Took it apart today and Im getting ~2.5-3v to the tube via the board so that should be fine.  No loose connections inside unless they are at the tube itself.  Im guessing it was powered up during the day and burnt out.  Any way back from this or to improve performance?

Anyone have one with a good tube that the housing is destroyed they would want to part with? My housing is about perfect with the eye cup and lens cap.  Anyone have a source for surplus tubes?  Wouldnt mind taking a crack at throwing another tube at it somehow...
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I picked one up last week and have a half ass dead tube. Itll create a picture however is very noisy and only seems to pick up headlights, light from windows, etc.  You could see outdoors without it better than with haha

Took it apart today and Im getting ~2.5-3v to the tube via the board so that should be fine.  No loose connections inside unless they are at the tube itself.  Im guessing it was powered up during the day and burnt out.  Any way back from this or to improve performance?

Anyone have one with a good tube that the housing is destroyed they would want to part with? My housing is about perfect with the eye cup and lens cap.  Anyone have a source for surplus tubes?  Wouldnt mind taking a crack at throwing another tube at it somehow...
View Quote
Just find used tubes, importing them is harder since certain people won't help out with gucci prices (full retail from China isn't worth it) or standby for the 10130 mod.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:19:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bump for this. I still would like to find a 10130 and try this out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
same
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#48]
I have an extra one of these that I don't need.

Tube is dead, and the ir light doesn't come on. Optics are good. has euecup and cap
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B00JEROI5SI've ordered the adapter, but not a lens. The lens is much harder to find, as you want one built for a 1" sensor, with manual focus, and ideally no shutter. These particular lens are commonly used for CCTV cameras, but have become popular with the micro 4/3 camera crowd.

View Quote
So I bought the RioRand C mount adapters and didn't realize it was a five pack

I think I only need one, and maybe an extra.

If anyone needs one, PM and you can have one for the cost of shipping.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey apex ns2 tinkerers.

Been watching this thread for awhile.

I got a Q thats a bit off topic.

I have a NS2 that i have had for years. Tube burned out some years back.

I recently sent it to ATN to have it swapped out for a fresh tube.

Old tube was a epm223. new tube is a epm66g-4k.

New tube works in starlight or with the ir illum. but exhibits alot of sparkle in very low light (indoors), also has squirm so bad in the lower light with out ir that the image looks like a moving jackson pollock painting.

For those of you with working tubes, how are they performing inside at night with no ir illum? Clear to dark, or same as mine?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top