Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 6:31:12 PM EDT
I found what looks to be a Enfield Jungle Carbine in 7.62. I'm thinking it is a 2A1 that was modified. My Question is other than a Gibbs No. 7, was there any Jungle Carbines made in 7.62? Is $175.00 a fair price?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I found what looks to be a Enfield Jungle Carbine in 7.62. I'm thinking it is a 2A1 that was modified. My Question is other than a Gibbs No. 7, was there any Jungle Carbines made in 7.62? Not that I am aware of, but someone else may know.Is $175.00 a fair price?Unless it's been beat to death, that is a great price. 2A1s go for about $200-225 or more in good shape.

Thanks.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The no5 was never produced in .308....ever.

It's also very uncommon to see a .308 No4 converted to fake "Jungle Carbines"....as you note it's probably a No2 Ishapore action cut down. Easy way to tell is does it have a leaf sight or a peep sight on the receiver? Leaf sight over the barrel is an No1/2 action.....peep sight on the charger bridge is a No4. Gibbs rifles are usually No2A1's cut down to "tanker carbines".

Still a good price for a handy shooter, but it has zero historical value....except as a manufactured oddity.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I found what looks to be a Enfield Jungle Carbine in 7.62. I'm thinking it is a 2A1 that was modified. My Question is other than a Gibbs No. 7, was there any Jungle Carbines made in 7.62? Is $175.00 a fair price?

Thanks.

Check out the bore, and if it's good, go ahead.  That's a good price and the rifle is a handy shooter.  I have one, and love it.  Of course, it has no historical value, but given it's handy size and "fun" value, it's worth it.  Also, you can get 5 round mags for hunting.

Here is a pic.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

Check out the bore, and if it's good, go ahead.  That's a good price and the rifle is a handy shooter.  I have one, and love it.  Of course, it has no historical value, but given it's handy size and "fun" value, it's worth it.  Also, you can get 5 round mags for hunting.

Here is a pic.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/rcalhoun/Gun%20pics/Ryanshooting.jpg

-White Horse

Great looking rifle. I'd pay more than $175 if the bore is good, for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top