Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 5:55:50 PM EST
I've wanted a Swede Mauser for a long time, but didn't want to roll the dice on a mail order gun. I found a nice, all matching, m96 at a gun show today and just had to have it. The bore looks like new. Bright and sharp lands right to the muzzle. I'd rate the metal finish at 90%. The trigger breaks crisp and sweet. All the stuff I've heard about these rifles seems true. The fit and finish of the metalwork is a beauty to behold. Can't wait to see how it shoots.

Oh, and I picked up an unissued Yugo M48A for $140. Then stopped at Fleet Farm on the way home and stocked up on some Turk 8mm. Interesting note on the Turk ammo. The 3 boxes they had on the shelf had all been opened and 2 were taped closed. I stopped at the counter to ask for some tape and the store employee said they had received a bulletin warning about split cases and they had to go through all of the stock to check for this.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:10:45 PM EST
I think that you will like the swede. The first one I owned was a sporterized M94 w/ an actual sporter stock vs. cut down military. It made a real good woods deer carbine. Deer hit with it pretty much dropped on the spot. Had a NIB M700 Classic but traded it. Still have my M70 FWT and the first three shots will shoot around 1/4" with a best of .330" at 100 yds. After three shots the FWT barrel heats up and 5 shot groups start to open up. The rifles are well made and the cartridge is excellent. Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:30:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:49:54 PM EST
I suspect FF heard about the '47 Turk and they are weeding it out. Most of this is 1940, with a few bandoleers of other dates (1935, and one rough looking bandoleer with what appears to be Cyrillic numbers?). It's packaged 3 bandoleers to a box (all on stripper clips) for 210 rounds at $15.99. Last time I looked, that was in the ballpark with what's available. Eh, what?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:04:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:24:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By obershutze916:

Have only seen one bad round of all I have shot. 1947 is considered to be a bad year though, so avoid it like herpes. If you have that year, take it back.

Always an exception to the rule. I got a 700 round case of '47 Turk a while back. I've shot about half of it and have had no malfunctions of any kind. I did find a round where the bullet was loose, but the bullet channel held it and it shot just fine.
Top Top