Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2002 7:29:07 PM EDT
I have jewel 2 stage trigger in my AR.  Works fine.  I read somewhere that you should put a "cushion" between the hammer and the bolt release to soften the blow of the hammer and reduce wear on the lower.  Is this true?

Also, if yall haven't tried a bolt release extension bar you should, one touch from your trigger finger and you're ready to go.  Pretty cool accessory.

hokieman out
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Only if you are snapping it with the upper removed - NOT a good idea. The hammer crashes into the lower front wall and the bolt stop. I accidentally did this once and the tab on the bolt stop cracked off. If you are dry firing with the upper on it won't hurt anything, and I would never put any cushion in there lest I forget it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Brownells sells a delrin drop block to protect the bolt release and back of the mag well when doing trigger work.
www.brownells.com/Product/index.asp
product number is 080-953-000 price is $24.64
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Put your left thumb there. That will greatly reduce the # of times you will be tempted to drop the hammer without an upper.
Link Posted: 2/7/2002 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
many thanks, just wanted to reconfirm the obvious...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top