Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 1:39:48 PM EDT
So I went to the gun show last weekend at the Reliant Center and picked up a new Upper/barrel for one of my Colts. It is a 24" heavy SS Wilson barrel mounted to an FN upper, with an aluminum tube floating handguard. So I replaced the 20" barrel/upper and now it looks a lot like my AR-10TLW. Really pretty.

Now I just need to get a great trigger on it. Is the Jewel (at $198) still the best way to go and most dependable? And is there any reputable place to get it cheaper?
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard really good things about the RRA two stage triggers.  I've seen them from Pete-in-NH on the EE for $98+shipping I think.  I also tried a JP trigger this weekend.  Single stage can be set at 2lbs.  Nice breaking point.  They run $125.  I've heard that the Jewell triggers are overrated, but I've never tried one myself.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Retro since you're here in TX and Jewell is located over in New Braunfels and can make a trigger set to your specifications, I'd order straight from Jewell and get what I wanted locally.  I use a Jewell in my precision rifle and it sounds a lot like what you're building.  Second stage letoff on mine is mere ounces.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the RRA and Jewel (Different rifles).  Both are good triggers.  With the RRA you just install it and you are ready to go as it is preset.  The Jewel can be adjusted.  

I personally like the RRA better.

OSA
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting. The guys who I bought the barrel/upper from also had the RR trigger for $125. I just didn't know anything about them. Although the adjustability of the Jewel sounds like a nice feature. Any problem with them loosening up and losing their setting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top