Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 11/9/2018 8:20:10 PM EST
Well, I have been kicking the idea of this around for a while. Finally ordered one just now.

Anyone have one?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:44:04 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/10/2018 11:45:42 AM EST by pyotr_k]
It's like a mini Bushmaster M17! I really dig the aesthetics. I haven't heard of this prior to just now, but after you get it together I'd love to hear any feedback. You've got me considering one now.

ETA: $360? I sure hope it has a great trigger, at that price...
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:51:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/10/2018 11:52:03 AM EST by HK_DUDE]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pyotr_k:
It's like a mini Bushmaster M17! I really dig the aesthetics. I haven't heard of this prior to just now, but after you get it together I'd love to hear any feedback. You've got me considering one now.

ETA: $360? I sure hope it has a great trigger, at that price...
View Quote
I like the looks too...many do not.

The price is higher than I think it should be, but if the trigger is as nice as other Jard triggers, it will be amazing.

If you take into consideration that you do not need your trigger guard assembly at all....that has a value itself.

I will post once it arrives, etc..

It looks to take either AR or AK grips...either way it will get a magpul replacement.

I also like that it is all metal.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:02:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:

The price is higher than I think it should be, but if the trigger is as nice as other Jard triggers, it will be amazing.

If you take into consideration that you do not need your trigger guard assembly at all....that has a value itself.

I will post once it arrives, etc..

It looks to take either AR or AK grips...either way it will get a magpul replacement.

I also like that it is all metal.
View Quote
I'm curious about the trigger also. I had a HTA setup, liked it, had to sell for life reasons. Want another 10/22 and bullpup, didn't know about the JARD, and trust reviews here more than their own website.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:14:21 PM EST
I have been trying to find reviews or anything really. There are 2 (I believe) videos on youtube feom Jard.

There are a few on their 9mm bullpul complete gun.

I end up being a guinea pig on many new things..Haha.

Hopefully I don't end up taking one for the team.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:28:57 PM EST
I'll be interested in your review - I love my HTA 90/22 kit *EXCEPT* for cleaning - you have to split the shell and remove the host rifle to actually do any serious cleaning, which sucks since I've got an integrally suppressed barrel in it

I want to like Jard stuff but I seem to be having really bad luck with their gear - got a 10/22 trigger which had some huge cosmetic issues and annoying functional quirks; also have their 77/22 trigger and can't get it anywhere near the advertised weight (it's about 1lb lower than it should be)…
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:39:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/10/2018 10:39:56 PM EST by HK_DUDE]
The only Jard items I have owned are their single stage AR triggers.

With the very light spring and their short reset, you can shoot them very fast.

I can't say anything about any of their other products.

They seem like their products are more of a "no nonsense" these work, but they aren't going to get big points for style or pretty finishes....just my 2 cents.

The fire control groups I had didn't have finishes to right home about, but they worked and weren't too expensive either.

Let's hope this is a winner.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:04:59 PM EST
It has shipped!

Once my tracking updates, I will find out when it is supposed to arrive. I am thinking Friday or Saturday.

Barrel shows up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 10:30:42 PM EST
Glad you bought it. Not my cup of tea in the looks but performance is what counts
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:07:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/14/2018 4:07:54 PM EST by HK_DUDE]
Originally Posted By stre-tch:
Glad you bought it. Not my cup of tea in the looks but performance is what counts
View Quote
It probably won't win many beauty contests...haha.

Tracking says tomorrow or Friday.

My plain jane 18.5" factory barrel arrives tomorrow. Need at least an 18.5" barrel to meet 26" OAL.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:19:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2018 10:55:31 AM EST by HK_DUDE]
The bullpup chassis arrived today. I am still waiting for my barrel, so I cannot assemble it yet.

I took a few quick pictures.

It was packaged nicely, no damage in shipping.

The finish is a little rough, looks like black parkerizing?

It seems very structurally sound. You can tell them make them ro work, and not be real pretty as the finiah quality is not real high.

It will be a great candidate for cerekote or even a nice paint job.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:39:32 PM EST

It seems very structurally sound. Tou can tel them make them ro work, and not be real pretty as the finiah quality is not real high.
View Quote
Look it over closely, my 10/22 trigger pack was an "ARD Trigger" - yes, they actually left/machined off the first letter of their company name on the trigger pack
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:41:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By rsolomon:
Look it over closely, my 10/22 trigger pack was an "ARD Trigger" - yes, they actually left/machined off the first letter of their company name on the trigger pack
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It seems very structurally sound. Tou can tel them make them ro work, and not be real pretty as the finiah quality is not real high.
That's funny.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 2:44:56 PM EST
That's funny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's funny.
...only when it happens to someone else

I also couldn't find a bolt hold open on it so sent it back, seller was easy to deal with, and later was able to figure out there actually was a non-obvious-to-us BHO device, but I let him keep the pack. While I don't think there are Chinese knockoff Jard trigger packs, who'd buy one like that if I tried to sell mine????
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:26:41 PM EST
I agree.....just funny that they would machine off the part of their logo.

I verified it does take AK grips. That is good because I have one that should arrive tomorrow or sat.

I also verified that the QD sling mount sockets on each side of the butt stock piece are worthless. The swivels will go in, but you can pull them right out. I will have to redneck engineer a new rear attachment point.

My holoson that I stole off of a different gun mounted up nicely...as well as a magpul MLOK vertical grip and forward QD sling mount...its comming along.

If people xpect it to be 100% turn key (which ot should be), some would be upset. I don't mind having to play a little....as long as it works once my barrel gets here.

So far, I like it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:08:36 PM EST
I also verified that the QD sling mount sockets on each side of the butt stock piece are worthless. The swivels will go in, but you can pull them right out. I will have to redneck engineer a new rear attachment point.
View Quote
ZOMG - if the trigger isn't amazing I'm gonna say send it back and get an HTA90/22 chassis instead!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 5:19:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/15/2018 5:20:19 PM EST by HK_DUDE]
I am aure the HTA is great, but I have no interest in a plastic shell bull pup kit. No offense to those that do.

I can handle a worthless sling mount...no bigs
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:11:36 PM EST
I am aure the HTA is great, but I have no interest in a plastic shell bull pup kit. No offense to those that do.

I can handle a worthless sling mount...no bigs
View Quote
Fair enough, I'd like one that's easier to clean but I don't think HTA or Jard have that... pretty disappointing that Jard can't get sling mount dimensions correct in a >$300 kit though!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:23:01 PM EST
I will let you know about the cleaning process once I have it all together.

It does hinge open similar to an AR with no tools. That should give you the same access as a 10/22 out of the stock with the trigger housing removed. You may have to still remove one screw to remove the pin that holds the back end of the bolt in.

We shall see.

The small size, the MLOK-ish slots, top rails, mag release, etc. are all great.

The positives are far out weighing rhe negatives at this point.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:24:59 PM EST
It is getting closer!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:52:38 PM EST
I will let you know about the cleaning process once I have it all together.

It does hinge open similar to an AR with no tools. That should give you the same access as a 10/22 out of the stock with the trigger housing removed. You may have to still remove one screw to remove the pin that holds the back end of the bolt in.
View Quote
Ah, I hadn't realized that - now I'm intrigued

What magazine do you show in the picture?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:01:03 PM EST
Don't laugh, but that is actually a promag. I bought 2 of them mostly because I like the straigher curve (if that makes sense) look of them. I haven't shot them much. They run well with ammo they like. I still use BX-25 for real plinking..haha.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:37:48 AM EST
I'll be interested in how this turns out when you take it for a spin. The metal construction is what keeps bringing me back... it really does seem like a .22lr M17.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:17:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/16/2018 4:25:25 PM EST by HK_DUDE]
Barrel and AK magpul grip came today.

Attachment Attached File

About 20 mins in the lathe after removing the factory sights, and I am ready to thread.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:08:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/16/2018 7:09:09 PM EST by Seven-Shooter]
Barrel and AK magpul grip came today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20181116_152320_jpg-741114.JPG

About 20 mins in the lathe after removing the factory sights, and I am ready to thread.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20181116_142144_0__jpg-741102.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20181116_143529_jpg-741105.JPG
View Quote
While it's impressive you're doing it yourself, why wouldn't you just buy a threaded barrel from the get-go?

Also, thanks for confirming that it is possible to change grips.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 7:34:22 PM EST
Being the kit itself is kind of expensive, I went cheap/do it myself on the barrel. Also, it is hard to find an after market 18.5" threaded....not impossible, just expensive.

I got a new 18.5" blem standard barrel delivered for $35.

I put it all together without lock tighting everything, since I have to pull it back apart to finish the barrel.

The trigger is f#&king amazing. No take up, I would guess 2 pounds, 1/16"ish reset. Very nice.

You would have to remove 6 screws to take the bolt out. The barreled action can stay in the chassis, but those screws impeed the bolt from coming out. That isn't a big deal for me.

This thing is very comfortable to pull up and shoulder, mostly because the magpul AK grips are very comfortable....and I really like the short magpul vertical front grips to wrap my fingers around.

So far, its a keeper.

Now I have to finish it and shoot it.

I may shoot a mag through it tomorrow before I get it finished...an informal run out of town to see if I can hit the other side of the ditch.

The promag is in the gun, verified that a BX 25 fits...with no extra space really, but it fits. My joined BX-25 (2) mags do not fit, but its close. I don't really like them anyway.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:54:24 AM EST
Being the kit itself is kind of expensive, I went cheap/do it myself on the barrel. Also, it is hard to find an after market 18.5" threaded....not impossible, just expensive.

I got a new 18.5" blem standard barrel delivered for $35.

I put it all together without lock tighting everything, since I have to pull it back apart to finish the barrel.

The trigger is f#&king amazing. No take up, I would guess 2 pounds, 1/16"ish reset. Very nice.

You would have to remove 6 screws to take the bolt out. The barreled action can stay in the chassis, but those screws impeed the bolt from coming out. That isn't a big deal for me.

This thing is very comfortable to pull up and shoulder, mostly because the magpul AK grips are very comfortable....and I really like the short magpul vertical front grips to wrap my fingers around.

So far, its a keeper.

Now I have to finish it and shoot it.

I may shoot a mag through it tomorrow before I get it finished...an informal run out of town to see if I can hit the other side of the ditch.

The promag is in the gun, verified that a BX 25 fits...with no extra space really, but it fits. My joined BX-25 (2) mags do not fit, but its close. I don't really like them anyway.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3591/20181116_181722_jpg-741296.JPG
View Quote
Isn't SAP Outfitters a great place? I buy all my blem 10/22 barrels there, too...

Really good news on the trigger, I was wondering... if it's that good, that's really piqued my interest. Bullpups, as we all know, can have triggers all over the map. A light "target" trigger like that makes the price a whole lot more reasonable.

Regarding the bolt and screws to remove it, would a bolt handle in a different style (the type which can be removed without disassembling the gun, for example) make any difference, or are the screws more in the way of the bolt body itself?

I look forward to hearing how it functions. I may well have to pick one up before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:16:29 AM EST
View Quote
I like the M17.

This thing is ugly as sin.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:49:20 AM EST

Isn't SAP Outfitters a great place? I buy all my blem 10/22 barrels there, too...

Really good news on the trigger, I was wondering... if it's that good, that's really piqued my interest. Bullpups, as we all know, can have triggers all over the map. A light "target" trigger like that makes the price a whole lot more reasonable.

Regarding the bolt and screws to remove it, would a bolt handle in a different style (the type which can be removed without disassembling the gun, for example) make any difference, or are the screws more in the way of the bolt body itself?

I look forward to hearing how it functions. I may well have to pick one up before the end of the year.
View Quote
Yes, SAP Outfitters is awesome. They are the first place I check for 10/22 stuff.

A different charging handle wouldn't make a difference. There are 4 short sceews (with tiny nuts...thats what she said) that hold old the receiver into the rear of the chassis. They protrude into the receiver, so them being in place makes the bolt unable to pull out.

The last is a pin that replaces the bolt buffer pin, it slides through and has a threaded cap screw on both sides.

In theory, since there is a screw that holds the front of the receiver (the typical screw that hold a normal stock on) and the pin in the back.....those 4 screws may not be needed. Then you would just need ro remove one screw and slide out that pin from one side to remove the bolt.

I assume they are there for a reason, but could be over kill.

I will take a few pictures to clarify.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:04:12 AM EST
I like it, kind of retro bullpup-ish.

Looks like ejection can be set up for lefties?

Sounds like they may need to refine slightly before i’d be a buyer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:10:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
I like it, kind of retro bullpup-ish.

Looks like ejection can be set up for lefties?

Sounds like they may need to refine slightly before i’d be a buyer.
View Quote
No lefty ejection. I believe what you are seeing on the left side of the chassis is a cut out to show the serial number.

I like the finish better now. It still isn't beautiful. My very first impressions were when the chassis was still frosty from beining it in from the ND cold.

I doubt they will do any refining, I see so little info from consumers on any of their bullpups. My fear is that they will just stop offering them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:04:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2018 1:05:09 PM EST by HK_DUDE]
I liked it before...now I am in love

Ran 2 -25rd promag and 1 -25rd BX25 mag.

I had 2 duds....all the rest were good. No feeding or ejecting issues..

The straighter promags are easier to insert and remove, but the BX25 wasn't difficult, it just has less clearance in the pistol grip location due to it being more curved.

The trigger is amazing...not just amazing for a bullpup, amazing for a trigger. You can fire that puppy super fast with little effort. This is meant for fun, so I like that quality in a trigger...the reset is so short.

I will be ordering 3 more of the promags. I like to have 5 of each mag. I will probably dedicate the BX25s to my charger pistol.

I will still take some pics with it opened up to describe the bolts that impede an easy cleaning.

P.S. the LOP is 14.5".
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:32:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2018 1:35:37 PM EST by rsolomon]
I liked it before...now I am in love
View Quote
Damn you! Did it come with an instruction manual? I see a guide on Jard's web page:
Jard's "Installation Guide"

so I kinda see what you're talking about:

What does the end of the butt stock look like? Could one reasonably easily "permanently" install a rubber butt pad? I ask because the barrel I'd want to use is 18.0" and the way I read the Jard specs is that one needs 18.5" to get an OAL of 26.125" so I'd probably need a 0.5" spacer/butt pad to stay over 26" OAL.

Are those screws exposed when the chassis is assembled? I.e. could one use pushbutton KNS-style pins to ease disassembly?
ETA: Looks like yes, the screws are exposed at least on one side:
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:02:46 PM EST
Yes, it comes with instructions.

Here is a picture of the a$$ end.
Attachment Attached File

Yes, those are the correct screws I am talking about.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

P.S. It has a manual bolt lock, and you can drop the bolt by pulling it back and releasing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:38:15 PM EST
I switched my Holosun to the higher, non QD mount. The other was was a smidge too low.

I solved my rear sling mount problem. It is at an angle on purpose. Used an existing screw hole, drilled a hole in the chassis and sanded the MLOK ridges off the back of the Magpul QD mount. So much for my warranty...haha.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:21:32 PM EST
Possibly a dumb question, but... are they really using an AR FCG? Sure looks like it based on the hole locations and spacing back where the 10/22 bolt is... if so, well, there's how the pull is so good. I assume they use a tension vs compression linkage from the trigger to the FCG to further stiffen and improve the pull while keeping minimal reset.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:25:39 PM EST
No, there is nothing AR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:33:47 PM EST
Coincidental hole diameter/spacing, it seems. Interesting mechanism, and thank you for the photos!
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:35:34 PM EST
Coincidental hole diameter/spacing, it seems. Interesting mechanism, and thank you for the photos!
View Quote
I see how you would get that idea...for sure.

You are welcome for the pics.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:10:51 PM EST
Looking at it more, you know what it reminds me of? The M10/M11 semi-autos that MPA worked up from the Cobray type. Similar linkage and FCG, stretched out longitudinally. I'm always looking for new ideas on bullpup FCGs, and hadn't considered that particular setup.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:21:00 PM EST
I can see many AK builders cringing..."It's a screw build"!!

Thx for all the xtra pics.

I'm glad it's working out.
Top Top