Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/6/2008 12:03:46 PM EST
I've Owned handguns for a few months now (Glock 19, used to have an XD45, SIG 226 but sold them to save up for a wilson 1911) and today, went to the range to pick up a long gun of some sort. I ended up buying a Mossberg 590 with the ghost ring sights for around $500. I think I paid a little more than i should've, but I supported a local gunshop. I'm putting a 6 round saddle on it, other than that I don't think I'm going to do much to it. How'd I do? Any modifications you'd recomend (the gun has a bayonet lug, which would look bad-ass, but I don't think a bayo has any pragmatic use)?

ps- I'll post some shitty cellphone pics as soon as I can pick it up
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:10:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 12:14:01 PM EST by Python00]
I am a hardcore Remington man but also got a 590 in the last 3 months. I gave 250 for it then ended up putting another $150 in it. I like the speedfeed stock, if recoil is a problem get a knoxx but you better have Ghost rings on it " Bead sights make a very tight cheek weld." The speedfeed with the grip has a LOP of 14.5" which is trap length, the regular speedfeed is in the 13.5 range. You have the bayo lug you might as well have a bayo. IPf you want to put a light on it I am really liking the Streamlight 69901 gun mount. Puts a small rail for light mounts.

Top Top