Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 5:58:42 PM EDT
Has anyone picked up one of these from SOG (ORIGINAL NO. 5 MKI JUNGLE CARBINES)?
I was wondering the condition and satisfaction.

Also I was wondering the same for the German K98 that SOG has.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen the add yet.  I'l take a look, but I would look into the Jungle carbine before you buy it.  They are one of the most faked rifles out there.

If the K98s are the Russian re-works...
1) A Yugo would cost less and be in better shape for a shooter, and ....

2) They are terrible for collectors rifles.  I hand picked mine from 18 crates and found 2 that were salvageable back to origional condition.  Not worth the price even at the price I paid for them really.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The SOG No 5 jungle carbines are the real deal but they are not in very good shape and the ones I have seen have been in GOOD condition with dark bores.
I got one when they first offered them for sale and for the $ it was okay since a cherry one will still set you back atleast $ 400 ; IF you could find a really minty one for sale !

The Russian captured reworks can very widely for condition and all will not have minty bores..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top