Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2002 9:36:11 AM EDT
I'm new to this site and was hoping to get a little info.

My local store has a Les Baer Super V in stock...I looked at it and found it to be a very well put together package.  I'm also interested in the JP Ent Ar15.  From his site his work looks really nice and I know his trigger system is used in a couple other custom gun manufacturers.

Does any one own A JP AR15?  I'm looking at the Level 2.   20" heavy barrel.  This gun will only be used for target shoots....non competitive.

I know there are other manufacturers out there but I have it narrowed down to these two.  Wilson Combat does not ship to Massachusetts.

Thank you

Chas
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a JP Enterprises rifle. He does great work. Its a work of art that almost seems a shame to shoot but it shoots so good I can't not shoot it.

Its tuned perfectly. The trigger is light and crisp and the action seems to cycle like its rolling on ball bearings. His muzzle brake totally eliminates what little recoil the .223 produces. That combined with the weight of the entire rifle makes the rifle hardly twitch when shot off a bench.
Talking strictly as a target rifle its hard to beat.
Easy to shoot one hole groups.

Here it is:

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
JP Enterprises Uppers and Lowers are made under contract by RND Manufacturing in Longmont, Colorado.

I have a matched upper / lower receiver pair I bought from RND and am impressed with their quality.  They were about $550.00 for the pair.

In addition to the AR15 size, they make an AR10 size, as well as one for the .338 Lapua Magnum.  I spoke with them recently and they were close to completing a new version for Winchester Short Magnum case.

Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Princeton,

Thats the same setup....except I'm going for the blue color.  What kind of scope do you have on it?  and at what yardage to you typically shoot at?

Thanks for the replies.

Chas
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some JP parts on my target/varmit rifle.

Namely, the gas block, handguard, and heat shield. I don't think the brake is really necessary, and the size and shape didn't appeal to me either.

Anyway, this is a custom built rifle from Barry of Metalcraft. I went with a 24" 1/9 Krieger because I won't be shooting anything over 69 gr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top