Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 2:14:03 PM EDT
Do any of their rifles have lined handguards? I can't seem to find a yea or nay answer on their website.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No, the US made handguards they use do not have the heatshield.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No, the US made handguards they use do not have the heatshield.

Where can I buy them? The 91k can't use hk handguards can it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're looking at the 91K, you need to probably talk to JLD.  The only way I've seen those offered is with the shortened wide handguards.  Those should have shields.

If you're looking at the fullsize 91, my experience with my PTR is the wide handguard (with shields) fits without any problems (except opening up the front pin hole a bit), but the regular skinny handguard and the heavy barrel of the PTR aren't friendly with each other.

I'm using a wide handguard on mine, and tried to modify a German surplus skinny handguard (hey, it was cheap) to fit.  All I got out of that was scratched finish on the barrel--the heatshield itself was too narrow to fit over the barrel and I was too stupid to notice as I was working on it!

I got my wide handguard from POF.  JLD has some of unknown manufacture (guessing POF...) too.  Top Notch theoretically carries some US made ones as well, but you know the story with them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
MrClean, my JLD 91K has heat shields.  IIRC, all of the wide handguards have them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I too wondered where JLD might get those HG's. They dont claim to be making them.

Those of you with some rounds down range, any complaints on those wide JLD handgaurds? I know the narrow ones melt pretty good. Are the black ones painted green or are the green onnes painted black?

Do any JLD's have the three pont sling clip?

JR

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:01:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the K P model and no complaints with the new handgaurds.They hold up well and don't melt like the old ones.
Teh KP model seems to use a 93 sized handgaurd.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you're looking at the 91K, you need to probably talk to JLD.  The only way I've seen those offered is with the shortened wide handguards.  Those should have shields.

If you're looking at the fullsize 91, my experience with my PTR is the wide handguard (with shields) fits without any problems (except opening up the front pin hole a bit), but the regular skinny handguard and the heavy barrel of the PTR aren't friendly with each other.

Yep........Just got my wide hand guard and bipod for my PTR91 from JLD and it has a heat shield on it. Hell of a value in my opinion. Rather a tight fit, but worked out perfect and no rattles. The steel magazines that JLD sells for the G3, a thumbs up also. Yes, the JLD HG has the sling mount also.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a PTR91, and melted the cheesy handguard that came with it.  JLD wouldn't replace it, they said I shouldn't have fired 200 rounds through it.  

I got a German handguard and had no trouble fitting it to the front end, and it looks great.  Opened the holes for a little more cooling, and life is good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top