Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 2:47:56 AM EDT
I just went last night and picked up this little gem. SemiAuto 308 PTR91 KFM4. 5-20rd mags, folding foregrip, flash suppressor, triple forend rails, collapsible M4 stock. Trigger is pretty light too, needs to be shot, a lot. Please don't beat on me too hard for the cheapo bipod, it is just for pics, lol
I really just wanted a standard or a carbine ptr91 but they were out. I am gonna give this buttstock a try but will probably swap it out for an A2/A1 fixed type.

First range session will be Saturday.

Had many FAL's, AR10's and other 308's, this is my first roller locking type.

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
How solid is that JLD forend?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
How solid is that JLD forend?

very solid and jiggle-free so far but it is unfired. 5-600rds planned on saturday, will let you know after a little warmup.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]

How's the weight for you??
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How's the weight for you??

9.8 in the paperwork. Seems to be a little front heavy but less than you would think with the hvy bbl and aluminum rail. Balances right in front of the magwell.
Feels fairly neutral when holding for offhand fire probably due to foregrip.
I may wan to get the plain jane PTR91 K forend and fixed stock and give them a try too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, AR stocks are showing up on everything these days!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, its not really my favorite feature, Tapco manf. Kinda interrupts the line or the rear. Functional though.

meh........
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, its not really my favorite feature, Tapco manf. Kinda interrupts the line or the rear. Functional though.

meh........

oh crap, its been tapcofucked.........  its an abomination...  such a good rifle all dressed up in drag...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope its functional for you but for me it ruins the gun looks.  
It loses that HK appeal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
rather take take the original stock then the tapco one IMO
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
rather take take the original stock then the tapco one IMO

Me too, unfortunately this is all they had, standard rifles are backordered. I do want a standard stock but is need to be complete with recoil assy. I need to put up a WTB/WTT add I guess.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
What the hell.....maybe the bipod and the stock are a bit weak, but the guts are what matter!
Good looking rifle. Replace the garbage and you are good to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top