Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 10:10:58 PM EDT
Amac is a single shot 50 BMG, I know they were used in the 80"s. Are they very accurate? Hows recoil and the brake on them vs the newer brakes like the berret m82a1? Got ideas on value, i found one thats not been shot much, w leupold 4.5x14x50 w/side focus,30mm tube, target dot. It has 200rds with it, but its 3500.00. Armilite ar50 is sweet looking and is a true bolt action as the amac is not. Looks like the ar50 could be converted into a mag feed one,possible. Worth the dough on the amac? Guntrader guide says 4,000.00 but its a older guide(few yrs old). Amac/Iver Johnson are hard to find i think. It says something like R.A.P. on the right side,but do not see the amac or iver johnson name on it. It says m50*** or m050***, last three digits is stamped on all the parts like the russia and chi sks,ak stuff. Any info would help. Its identical to the pics I have seen. Turns out its a research armament prototype one(m500) had a contract with the military to build 125-not sure if any more got built,before they changed there name to RAI(M500),which then was sold to Daisy and then to Iver Johnson (M5100)- but also read  it was subcontracted and built for Iver Johnson too?/(Amac- i guess after or is iver Johnson?Not sure how amac came in the picture), and now UAA(m5100).
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#1]
With all the stuff it sounds like it a good deal. The recoil on the AMAC is a little more then the AR-50 probably equal to or less then a Barrett M99.

You can get an AMAC directly from the guy that makes them, www.ultimateaccuracyarms.com The guy in our group that has one does really good with it. I think with his handloads he can keep it under MOA.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Surely theres more owners out there,If you own one like to her from ya and learn more about the accuracy ability of this weapon, or if shot one in service.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top