Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 7:55:11 AM EDT
What is the value of an Ithaca 12 gauge. It is a Model 37 M&P (Military & Police) It has a 7 shot magazine with bead sight. It is a late 60's early 70's gun.  It does not have the disconnector either. It has just been Re-parkarized and the wood looks great. Insides look good as well. Any idea on the value?  Thanks for the help...
Brian
bcr308
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
In decent condition it'll probably sell for $250-300, depending on the region it's sold in. I wish I had one, just because.  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bob.
bcr308
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second Bob's suggested values -- $250 to $350 would be the going rate in north central PA and southern NY.  I've been a 37/87 fan for over 30 years; they are a great design, fairly robust, easy to take apart and maintain, and a dream to shoot with the bottom feed and eject.  I have two different 37s and a 87 Police Special 8-shot and love them all.

BRS
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Why are they not worth more than that. Especially for the extend mag. They are built well. I think better than a Mossberg. They are very fast cycling for a pump. They have the slam fire feature. What gives? Thanks for the help anyway.
Brian
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Paid $175 for the same thing only with out the extended mag about a year ago.  One of the local sheriff's depts traded theirs in on 870's.

Neat guns.  Use my deer hunting.  Its light weight makes it a great gun for driving deer. Kicks pretty stout.

The extended mag versions are pretty scarce in these parts.  In fact Ithacas in general not to common around here.  Great guns but are more money than the competition.  I've seen them priced in the mid 300 range, but I don't know if many actually  sell for that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why are they not worth more than that. Especially for the extend mag. They are built well. I think better than a Mossberg. They are very fast cycling for a pump. They have the slam fire feature. What gives? Thanks for the help anyway.
Brian

why?

1) it's a pump shot gun.  There just so much a person's gonna pay for that.

2) it's 30 or so years old.  I'm assuming it's been fired.  If it's unfired and you find some collector, MAYBE you can squeeze out 400-500 bucks.

3) you already touched on the subject.  Yes it's better quality that a Mossberg, but if you can get a Mossy at 200 that will shoot, why pay 400 for an Ithaca.  Simple economics.  The same reason there are more Volkwagons than Porches.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are selling I am interested.
Refinished what color Parkerizing?
cpermd
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
cpermd check your email
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 7 shot parkerized 37 with composite stock and forearm I'll let go for $275 if anyone wants it.  Or trade it for a Ciener M16 .22 conversion kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top