Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 8/2/2016 11:13:39 PM EDT
We ordered 16 Urban Go kits for the local police department back in February or early March. They shipped on March 25th. When we learned of the recall, I phoned them and talked to some girl who apparently missed her life's calling as a burger flipper. The only piece of info she could give me was the ship date and the fact that the cut off date for recall was March 23. I'm not even sure she knows what they sell. I called the next day and got no answer. After this I resorted to email, explaining that it was pretty hard for us to trust unserialized armor shipped within 48 hours of this "cut-off" date, particularly when we know our shipment was delayed several days due to a bank issue (our bank does not like to transfer money to Arizona due to fraud originating there). This has been more than two weeks ago and I have received no response. My patience is wearing thin. This level of unprofessional behavior combined with the fact that before this situation we would randomly receive emails from them about nonexistent orders leads me to believe they are either a small company attempting to do business like a large one or they are massively mismanaged. I'm going to attempt to call and talk to someone with some knowledge again tomorrow or Thursday. Anyone else had or heard of any issues with this recall?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:35:47 PM EDT
I ordered a while back, wait time was 10 weeks... I figured it had to do with increased demand. 10 weeks later I called, must have gotten same girl you did she told me about a recall and informed me there would be an extra 7 weeks wait.

Finally got my order almost 17 weeks to the day. Im satisfied with their product but didnt care much for the wait time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:52:14 PM EDT
Bought AR500 from CATI (Come And Take It) on eBay day after Dallas shooting (saw the writing on the wall for armor) and had it in just over a week Full coating, very nice product... Waiting 17 weeks is absurd that a company would do that...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:34:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NotoriousBRT:

We ordered 16 Urban Go kits for the local police department back in February or early March. They shipped on March 25th. When we learned of the recall, I phoned them and talked to some girl who apparently missed her life's calling as a burger flipper. The only piece of info she could give me was the ship date and the fact that the cut off date for recall was March 23. I'm not even sure she knows what they sell. I called the next day and got no answer. After this I resorted to email, explaining that it was pretty hard for us to trust unserialized armor shipped within 48 hours of this "cut-off" date, particularly when we know our shipment was delayed several days due to a bank issue (our bank does not like to transfer money to Arizona due to fraud originating there). This has been more than two weeks ago and I have received no response. My patience is wearing thin. This level of unprofessional behavior combined with the fact that before this situation we would randomly receive emails from them about nonexistent orders leads me to believe they are either a small company attempting to do business like a large one or they are massively mismanaged. I'm going to attempt to call and talk to someone with some knowledge again tomorrow or Thursday. Anyone else had or heard of any issues with this recall?
View Quote
Have you tried sending them a message on Facebook? I can email a contact I know there and see if there's any way to help..

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:17:03 PM EDT
Notorious, it does sound like, based off of the information provided, that your plates were not in the potentially affected range of plates. That being said, If you feel that you would like to contact us again please email us at: recall@AR500Armor.com or give us a call either at (602) 501-9607 ext 1 or Toll Free at (844) 887-8824.

We apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your patience with this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 6:28:53 AM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR500armor:

Notorious, it does sound like, based off of the information provided, that your plates were not in the potentially affected range of plates. That being said, If you feel that you would like to contact us again please email us at: recall@AR500Armor.com or give us a call either at (602) 501-9607 ext 1 or Toll Free at (844) 887-8824.

We apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your patience with this.
View Quote
Thank you for your response, I have had a busy couple of weeks, I will call on Monday.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 9:38:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:19:39 PM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

I'm struggling for a diplomatic way to say this... but why didn't you/ the PD order plates from a legit armor company like Safariland?
View Quote
This is what the PD wanted, we fulfilled the order.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 1:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2016 1:47:10 PM EDT by Layer60]
If you buy the cheapest junk for armor on the market, expect everything else surrounding the product to be operated in the same manner.

I warned people (or tried to) before this recall was issued that steel normalization and the uncertainties of steel sourcing (i.e., China, etc.) would lead to problems with steel armor. Some folks here laughed it off, because there's always a handful who do, but I was proven right shortly thereafter. Dangerous conditions from faulty steel were inevitable and it won't be the last time.

Top Top