Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 10:24:34 PM EDT
Yes, cleaned, oiled and greased.

Had three mags and 60 rds. 40 flawless of perfecta out of 2 20 rd alum hk mags that are new. 40 flawless.

20 rds of american eagle out of a cleaned and solid cetme steel mag. 3 times on recoil the bolt seemed to jump up as it recoiled, and the ejector slipped out if its channel, and the bolt jammed back with spent rd still held in bolt. Had to take rifle down, and put back together. This happened on the 2nd mag....meaning 20 perfecta in hk mag, then the steel mag with these problems. After the 3rd time I unloaded the mag and put the rds in the first hk mag and they ran 100%.

No damage that I could see. Is it possible that the steel mag sits higher up and the bolt is lifted up and kinda bounced? Is this what happened? I still have faith in the rifle, love it. The hk mags ran great.

Ideas?

Love it so much I am selling my dpms mk 12 5.56 to fund another and more ammo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? Anyone? Is this thing on???
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
the only problem i had with my ptr was with a steel mag giving me double feeds when i first got it. Waffle stomped it and moved on without a problem.

Sounds like an out of spec mag if others are working fine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are you using CETME magazines?  I would suggest you use G3 mags and stick with them.  Your CETME mag could be out of specification or just plain worn out.  Is the CETME mag new or used?  If you want steel mags I would get G3 steel mags instead of CETME mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It could be the cetme mag, I'd try it with the cetme mag a few times just to make sure, then try it with the g3 mags again just to make sure.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#5]
mags are cheap. Go buy HK mags and throw out/sell off that cetme mag that isn't working.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, nothing to add. My PTR has chugged 400 rounds without so much as a hickup. Shitty import ammo, steel case, everything I throw at it she begs for more.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:57:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to say it's most likely your magazine. I had an issue with a surplus German magazine once where the lips were bent upwards and the bolt/carrier chewed through it (Aluminum). The CETME magazine being steel, it can't simply chew through it, so something has to give. I have about 2k rounds through mine, mostly Lake City but also about 100 each of German DAG, Brown Bear and Wolf. I fell in love with the G3 while serving in East Africa, in Kenya the G3 is more common than even AKs! The finish was nearly non existent on a lot their rifles, and those rifles had been through conditions that would make us cringe. But damn, I never saw one that didn't work. About the worst thing I ever experienced from shooting several dozen was #1 the charging handles would have the plastic break off and they would put a piece of garden hose on it as the fix. And #2, some of them had obviously worn out buffers that made the recoil somewhat "intense" to say the least. But they all went bang, and .5 liter bottles never stood a chance at 100m for any of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top