Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2003 3:22:57 PM EDT
Anyone heard anything good or bad about the Israeli Mausers in 7.62 NATO?

Wheres a good place to find one, and what should I beware of?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one,  1936 mauser recvr overstamped 7.62 and star of david. They are hard to find in VG+ condition. Most of the ones imported receantly came from Guatamala and saw alot of use. Mine is in good condition , won't win a beauty contest but has a nice barrel and is fun to shoot since ammo is cheap and NON CORROSIVE !! Mine is an ex guatamalan militia rifle has ' XELA 1715 " on butt, Xela is a region in the nasty part of Guata so maybe mine put down some leftist scum !!

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
BTF
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Israeli Mausers were fully re-worked by the Israelis before issue. The condition they started out in was at the least serviceable.

I would treat them just like any other Mauser, if it is in good condition inide and out, it is a good rifle, but always check the had space before you shoot.  If it is in poor shape, like any other Mauser, I would pass.

If you want a real find, try an Israeli Enfield!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Ober,

Know where to FIND one?  I know they were being offered for a short while, but now I cant find one anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I see them from tme to time at the shows.  I don't know of any place that stocks them.  You really don't see that many, and most that I have seen lately have been crap.

They are big with WWII re-enactors because blanks are a lot cheaper than 8mm blanks.  

Sorry, I really can't help on this one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Lumpy I believe Gibbs had a supply of them awhile back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Gibbs used to have some NICE Israeli Mausers. I called them 'bout a year ago and was told they wouldn't be getting anymore.

There is at least one here: oldgunsupply.com.

Also check here:
auctionarms.com
gunbroker.com
gunsamerica.com
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Some Izzie Mausers were this side of horrible. While looking serviceable, the chambers were best described as "threaded". That bad.

I have'nt seen the more recent imports, and cannot believe that all of em were as bad as the lot I saw..

Meplat-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top