Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/28/2006 8:05:59 AM EDT
I know these are two very different beasts, but im trying to decide between both of them. The ishapore ive handled alot, it has that black paint finish on it, and has been sitting unloved in the local gunshop, should i buy it/ The Hakim, well its 8mm Semi auto. With the ability to take a modified MG mag for 25 round capability, and the ammo is cheap as dirt, where as the 7.62x51 ammo may be drying up soon. Someone help here, and i dont want to hear, get both. :P
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:24:08 AM EDT
If the Hakim is in good shape, there really isn't any question. I finally found one and just can't believe what a nice rifle it is.

I can't believe there isn't more interest in this rifle. It is a handful, tho' -- I can't see the average Egyptian humping one around.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:53:10 PM EDT
Surely you must mean .303 will be drying up soon. We'll be dead before the 7.62x51 is gone. I haven't seen any surplus .303 recently. If you want cheap, 8mm and 7.62x54R is the way to go. The '54R is still in use and will be around for a long time.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:20:08 PM EDT
I once owned a Ishapore Enfield, what a great gun, out shot my M1A's.

The Hakim is getting more rare, so buy it first!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SS109:

I have to go with SS109 on this one.

You haven't lived until you have fired 8mm ammo out of the rifle equivalent of a telephone pole.
No kick to speak of , and is some serious (cheap ammo) firepower.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:58:05 PM EDT
Besides, you don't live any place dusty. Go with the Hakim, just don't play outside on a windy day.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:45:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By weptek911:

Originally Posted By SS109:

I have to go with SS109 on this one.

You haven't lived until you have fired 8mm ammo out of the rifle equivalent of a telephone pole.
No kick to speak of , and is some serious (cheap ammo) firepower.

+1 again.

I found a Hakim with a shiny bore and it turned out to be a great shooter. Much more accurate than I hoped it would be. No kick at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:08:59 PM EDT
I agree with all...

Get the Hakim...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:19:41 PM EDT
Another vote for the Hakim, Ishapores will be common for a while still and the Hakims are disappearing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:07:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dar48:
Besides, you don't live any place dusty. Go with the Hakim, just don't play outside on a windy day.

Why not? Im found a lead on a hakim in a local shop, thats only open on the weekends though, so wish me luck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:05:48 PM EDT
Yeah, get the Hakim! Mine has a little bit of a frosty bore, but that does'nt seem to have hurt it any. I would'nt be firing corrosive ammo through it though, unless you want to take the gas system apart to clean. You can get the FNM 8mm pretty cheap, and don't have to worry about taking the rifle completely apart to clean.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:58:51 PM EDT
I just picked one up and its a little on the heavy side, but is one of the best guns I have shot, C&R or not!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:12:20 PM EDT
The Hakim's are hard to beat in many ways, unique, light recoil considering the potency of the round they fire, and "cool", like an SKS on steroids, I've got one, and its a keeper
Top Top