Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/1/2007 3:31:42 PM EDT
so i just picked one up in a trade today. and i'm hooked (i have a soft spot for C&R bolt guns)... and after 20 rounds thru it of South African 308. i realised it was a very accurate shooter. so I got to thinking.... anyway does anyone know where i might could pick up some spare mags for it (will the 303 SMLE mags work also?), or where i could get a scope mount or a scope for it that maybe kind of like the PU (as in made just for the Lee-enfield).....

thank
Levi
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:39:53 PM EDT
The no-gunsmithing mounts may or may not fit your rifle. You will need to get a specific mag for your rifle. A .303 mag will NOT work correctly.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By KrazyL:
so i just picked one up in a trade today. and i'm hooked (i have a soft spot for C&R bolt guns)... and after 20 rounds thru it of South African 308. i realised it was a very accurate shooter. so I got to thinking.... anyway does anyone know where i might could pick up some spare mags for it (will the 303 SMLE mags work also?), or where i could get a scope mount or a scope for it that maybe kind of like the PU (as in made just for the Lee-enfield).....

thank
Levi
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:57:31 PM EDT
Numrich has aftermarket mags.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:03:59 AM EDT
Hoosier Gun Works has exc surplus magazines listed in stock for $45.

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/magazine_mil_rifle.html
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:06:03 PM EDT
I have used the replacement mags from Numrich, but the originals are the best (and hold 12 rounds vs 9).

I use a "One Hot Mount"...best thing I've seen so far.

www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/onehotscopemount/index.asp
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:30:16 PM EDT
That looks like a real pain to install... and not all of us own torches.

Any quality clamp-on mounts?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:09:12 PM EDT
Don't worry about extra mags, they were designed to stay in the rifle and loaded from the top. Just get some .308 strippers and have fun. I found my 2A's rear sight to suck, so I got a No1 Mk3 windage adjustable sight from Numrich and swapped it out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:09:56 PM EDT
Don't worry about extra mags, they were designed to stay in the rifle and loaded from the top. Just get some .308 strippers and have fun. I found my 2A's rear sight to suck, so I got a No1 Mk3 windage adjustable sight from Numrich and swapped it out.
Top Top