Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll have one some day...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I needs it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It's mostly Jorge@capitolarmory, hard to be cool like him though!

I was able to pick out Maxim #0123 from y'all yesterday! Now I'll be dreaming about a Maxim 45.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like the trigger guard on those... but other than a few styling queues, I must own one!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Guess I'm not cool. I see it but have no idea what it is.....?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Fail. I don't see any toes in the photo.

That and your puppy must be sad without their Kong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Any chance for some comparison shots like back to back against a traditional pisto/can combo to just size? P226 and octane or g17 and Tirant etc?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fail. I don't see any toes in the photo.

That and your puppy must be sad without their Kong.
View Quote
Toes in guns pics has to be the nastiest shit on earth.

My buddy sent me a screen shot of his receipt from Capital Armory today on a Maxim. I was not happy with him!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a functional proto type now? Any idea how long until production?

Make a holster for THAT!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#14]
This is production.    They appear available for sale.

Eta:  these are actually in your hands right?  Not just serial numbers?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a functional proto type now? Any idea how long until production?

Make a holster for THAT!
View Quote
theyre in stock for sale
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool. Kind of want one.

How does it meter? How long until y'all do a video for it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's mostly Jorge@capitolarmory, hard to be cool like him though!

I was able to pick out Maxim #0123 from y'all yesterday! Now I'll be dreaming about a Maxim 45.....
View Quote
I got 0121
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree with everything Joshua has said, he has a great viewpoint of the purpose of this firearm. I had the privilege of shooting one of the prototypes in the long configuration with 147 grain subs. It was certainly hearing safe while feeling like any normal full size pistol. It balances nicely and truly feels like a normal gun (I can't repeat that enough!). It has pretty much made my other can/pistol combinations obsolete, I can't wait to bring it home!

I'm already hoping SilencerCo is working on a Maxim 45 and a Maxim 22 trainer...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#21]
So has anyone tried to figure out what the grip texture says in binary?  

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So has anyone tried to figure out what the grip texture says in binary?  

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EMg9HsQHK14/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

it was supposed to be Morse code, and a bunch of us tried when they said that it actually meant something at shotshow but it doesn't really translate to Morse code.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

it was supposed to be Morse code, and a bunch of us tried when they said that it actually meant something at shotshow but it doesn't really translate to Morse code.
View Quote
I just tried a portion in binary and hex, and all I got was "OK"
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We're getting 400+ forms a week back right now, so videos--- not really time in the day for it right now.  But the easy answer is "as soon as possible."

With regards to metering... less thinking about "quiet suppressor" and more thinking on "quiet pistol."

The OAL length in the short is not as long as some pistol cans (it's the same length as a 1911 with a threaded barrel basically.)  So for that size, yes it's quiet.  It absolutely does as advertised, which is a quiet pistol someone can carry.  It's not trying to win any awards in the dB reduction category... but that being said, it's still VERY impressive.  Absolutely hearing safe.
View Quote

One thing I have seen conflicting info about is whether or not this works like an integral that slows the supersonic rounds down to subsonic levels?

Does it actually do that or are we talking just a better shape and length than a traditional screw on suppressor?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

One thing I have seen conflicting info about is whether or not this works like an integral that slows the supersonic rounds down to subsonic levels?

Does it actually do that or are we talking just a better shape and length than a traditional screw on suppressor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hearing safe with 9mm subsonic ammunition — 147gr or above...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
......In short length

But yeah I think you are right and that I had some wishful thinking going on.

I could swear sometime between the original announcement and last shot show that I heard something alluding to it slowing everything down to sub's.  Apparently I misinterpreted what was said.

Eta:   A quick google search shows me quite a few old articles claiming hearing safe with all ammunition as a selling point.

Thats where I derived that idea but really high 130's are hearing safe?? Obviously not since that is 556 territory right?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

......In short length

But yeah I think you are right and that I had some wishful thinking going on.

I could swear sometime between the original announcement and last shot show that I heard something alluding to it slowing everything down to sub's.  Apparently I misinterpreted what was said.

Eta:   A quick google search shows me quite a few old articles claiming hearing safe with all ammunition as a selling point.

Thats where I derived that idea but really high 130's are hearing safe?? Obviously not since that is 556 territory right?
View Quote
People claim anything under 140 is technically safe
I disagree
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#28]
OSHA says 140 db and below is considered "hearing safe". That doesn't mean it may not seem loud. For me, shooting subs in either configuration is going to be the true "hearing safe" way to use the gun. Shooting supers (115gr/124gr) I'll use soft plugs, that is if I ever shoot supers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top