Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 8:33:14 AM EDT
Amongst a large box of Mil-surp stuff I just picked up from a friend, I found a 1950's-60's Hoppes cleaning kit.......no big deal I thought.......then I noticed the sticker on the end.......

My question would be......what is this?....Military/Govt/NRA issued?

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
NRA maybe, with the sticker as a selling point.  
As for goverment issue, No, it would be litered with spec numbers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I suspect the Pepsodent toothbrush and Barbasol shaving brush are probably not milspec items either.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I suspect the Pepsodent toothbrush and Barbasol shaving brush are probably not milspec items either.

Actual, those two items were standard issue to the USGI for the times.

And, my guess is that the shaving type brush may have come with the kit (it looks to fit the space), but someone wore out the orginal small cleaning brush, and replaced it with the tooth brush instead.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
its commercial........most likely the sticker was slapped on by previous owner!

Longhunter
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The USGI cleaning kit for a M14 fits in the trapdoor of  buttstock, that looks a little big

But there is a USGI part in your kit...................the clear plastic oiler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top