Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:33:53 AM EDT
Bare with me on this one. I finally get the funds together to get a suppressor and decide to go with a reputable dealer in NW WI. I place an order with said dealer for a AAC M4-2000 at the end of march. Said dealer is a distributer for AAC suppressors. For starters, said dealer waited three weeks to place the order with AAC. I found this out from AAC. On or about June 20th, I call dealer to see if the suppressor got in. He stated, "Oh yeah, it just came in." He then takes all my info for the form 4 to send it to me. Being suspicious by nature, I called AAC and they told me that my dealer had the suppressor for at least two weeks. Two weeks go by and no froms yet in my mailbox for me to sign. I call the dealer and he told me sorry that he lost my name but still had my address and needed my trust info again. It's now been a month since my information was originally given to the dealer with no forms yet and to be honest, I no longer am interested in the suppressor from him. Are most dealers this nonchalant about selling their products and should I call this guy up and tell him to just fuck off?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:50:53 AM EDT
I haven't had this problem but you are obviously having issues with this guy & my business would have been elswhere a long time ago if I was the one dealing with him. He sounds kinda shady or just plain lazy. Find a dealer that wants to work for YOU. It's your money but I wouldn't let someone jerk me around like that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 9:38:03 AM EDT
What dealer are you having problems with? For I am in the same area.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 2:40:52 PM EDT
Ive had similiar dealings, they take a long time to process everything, but it was worth it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 3:44:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2008 3:45:17 AM EDT by Bubbles]
This is not the norm, nor is it acceptable. Delay three weeks before placing the order, two weeks after he receives the can you find out the dealer has it (and that only b/c you called him), and it's been another four weeks and you haven't seen a Form 4? Why haven't you driven to his place of business and picked up the Form 4's? Or better, find another SOT, have the suppressor sent to him on Form 3 from this other cr*ppy dealer, and used that SOT to complete the transfer.

<-- 07/02
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 3:59:01 AM EDT
Things taking forever, lack of updates, conflicting info...

This has all been part of my efforts to get a suppressor. Seems pretty typical although not always the case.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:35:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tazaroo:
Bare with me on this one.

Sorry, I'm not a nudist.

Your dealer sucks, find a new one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:06:38 AM EDT
IM me if you want to know the dealer. I don't want to get sued.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:10:14 AM EDT
I'd drop him like a bad habit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:18:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2008 5:18:46 AM EDT by TabbieEater]
Not everyone is business is customer friendly and have their act together. Stuff gets lost and misplaced this is sad but true. It's not an excuses just a reality.
This NFA process is long enough without a dealer adding to it
I'd find a new dealer if they ask why tell them if not let it ride and just go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:23:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 3:31:45 PM EDT
That is very poor form from him. I shoot with several C2 SOT's on a regular basis as well as host my own FFL shop. I can tell you that this turkey is BAD news. I've never allowed a dealer to be that way... There is NO excuse for ANY dealer to EVER loose your information, NOT keep track of who purchased what and when or any of that...

Get your money back and go some place else.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 6:00:00 PM EDT
The idiots lost my credit card info also and probably don't remember where I live. The suppressor is theirs to do with as they please. Perhaps all things happen for a reason. I have since spent the money on a all matching German K98 from 1941 in amazing condition.
Link Posted: 8/3/2008 11:28:15 PM EDT
Use Green0 in SE Wisconsin. You won't have any problems, and will be supporting a local soldier.
Top Top