Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/1/2002 1:28:24 PM EST
My father had an older model stainless Smith & Wesson 686 357 magnum with a 2" barrel and wood finger groove grips. He traded it for a Tauras 9mm from a friend of his. (I don't know why..LOL)

But anyhow that was about 2 years ago. The guy still had the gun and said he couldn't sell it cause nobody liked how heavy it was. So since I loved that pistol I baught it back.

I got it for $300 with the Bianchi pancake holster that my father originally traded with the pistol.

I haven't priced a Smith & Wesson in a long time. I was wondering if $300 was a pretty good deal? By the way it still looks brand new like the day Dad traded it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:04:54 PM EST
I bought one NIB a couple years ago. I think it was around $350. I think you did ok, especially if it's still in good shape. You can always use a trusty revolver in the collection!

It is a heavy gun though. I ended up selling mine and bought an Airweight .38 special, which is really light. Easy to carry and conceal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:31:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:35:33 PM EST
Price doesn't even come into the picture if your dad owned it, at least that's how it would be for me, I'd give $1,000 for a gun worth $1 if my dad once owned it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 2:42:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/1/2002 2:42:44 PM EST by TheRedGoat]
I still regret trading a .30-60 rifle for a handgun. I never could hit with the rifle, and I could not afford a handgun.

I thought, at that time, I was making the right decision. Lots of regret.

I would pay 3 times the value of that rifle, if I ever had the chance to get it back. The rifle was a gift from my dad. Sentiment alone is why I wish I still had that gun.
Top Top