Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:35:23 PM EDT
HK94 for $2500

* Pretty beat up but needs a good refinishing.
* The bolt is ok but has some staining.
* The finish is very worn but the major parts are fine.
* There is nothing that can't be fixed on this gun.

Should I buy it?

-DagNasty
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
* It also has beads where the welds are. (Good bad?)
* It is original HK and has all of the right markings in the right places.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not an HK guy, so take that into consideration.  I thought that the HK94's I've seen in the mid 2K's were in great condition.  I wouldn't  pay that much for what you described, especially with "There is nothing that can't be fixed on this gun.".  

OK, my numbers may be off.  I just look and saw a lot of 94's in the 2900 and up range.  'course, they were also listed as "pre-ban".

Also saw a lot of great to excellent condition 94's in the mid 2K's.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It really all depends... are you an HK purist ?

If not, then buy a Bobcat and spend the extra $$ on ammo and gun bling.

If so, then you are better off getting a non-DOC HK94 that someone has taken good care of for around 3 grand... because that is what you will have in a DOC 94 after a nice refinish and new internals ( if you opt for them )

If you just want to shoot, then go for a Bobcat...

I cannot see into the future, but I would expect the DOC guns to always have a lesser resale value. I also see "some" of these ~ 400 guns eventually being sold as standard (non-DOC) HK94's to bring a premium after a refinish... there will be some crooks out there trying to get 3500 bucks for one.... just wait and see.

If you have the money and are willing to spend 2500 bucks... I would go ahead and take the plunge for an HK94(non-DOC) that was taken care of... and spend the extra 500 bucks or so. Spend the extra 500-700 bucks and get a gun that was taken care of by someone that loves the hobby. JMO

Good luck.

ETA: I personally wouldn't pay a nickel over 1200 bucks for a DOC 94. People & HK are raping people because these are German and the last to ever be imported. I say "who gives a shit" !
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I decided not to get it.

I already have a wonderful piece of Bailey's work.

If I bought another 94 style gun, I actually want it to work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I decided not to get it.

I already have a wonderful piece of Bailey's work.If I bought another 94 style gun, I actually want it to work.

Are you saying it's good or maybe take a pass on his work?  What was your experiance?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I decided not to get it.

I already have a wonderful piece of Bailey's work. ()    If I bought another 94 style gun, I actually want it to work.

Are you saying it's good or maybe take a pass on his work?  What was your experiance?

Let me clear this up
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got one of the Kali guns last week.  Word was these weren't shot very much.  Mine looks pretty good inside.  It does have some exterior handling wear, but not enough for me to want a refinish now.  I paid $2450 for it.  It's probably been shot alot less than some of the $3-3.5k ones.  I'd buy it again in a minute.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm happy with my CA DOJ HK94.  A refinish is one thing but, I wouldn't pay 2500 for one that needs new internals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top