Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2009 8:35:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Use to be good stuff nowadays it's junk save your self the headache. Keep looking around for a good deal on a pair of GEN3 PVS-7's or a PVS 14.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
If they are in good working order as the guy suggests, $800 is about what they sell for. They are big, heavy and 20+ years old give or take. They do offer depth perception. Its a gamble, you may get a good set or one limping on its last leg. Its not something I would recommend but its a pretty safe buy. I say this because a few guys I know with broken sets have just stripped them down and sold off the parts for a profit (tubes,objective lenses and so forth). If you are looking for a reliable set that will give you many years of trouble free use it is probably not the scope for you. They are Gen 2 and perform decent for a Gen 2 but are old and heavy. I like old stuff like that to tinker with and collect but, its most likely not a reliable scope for someone who is looking for trouble free use. I would not call them junk but well aged would be a better description

If you're looking for something reliable that is fairly cheap (as far as quality night vision prices) then look at the GT-14 or D-300 in Gen 2. They are reliable, much lighter and come with a warranty. TNVC are great to deal with and stand behind what they sell. The GT-14 with the Gen 2 SHP tube performs very well for what they cost. Hope this helps,
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If they are in good working order as the guy suggests, $800 is about what they sell for. They are big, heavy and 20+ years old give or take. They do offer depth perception. Its a gamble, you may get a good set or one limping on its last leg. Its not something I would recommend but its a pretty safe buy. I say this because a few guys I know with broken sets have just stripped them down and sold off the parts for a profit (tubes,objective lenses and so forth). If you are looking for a reliable set that will give you many years of trouble free use it is probably not the scope for you. They are Gen 2 and perform decent for a Gen 2 but are old and heavy. I like old stuff like that to tinker with and collect but, its most likely not a reliable scope for someone who is looking for trouble free use. I would not call them junk but well aged would be a better description

If you're looking for something reliable that is fairly cheap (as far as quality night vision prices) then look at the GT-14 or D-300 in Gen 2. They are reliable, much lighter and come with a warranty. TNVC are great to deal with and stand behind what they sell. The GT-14 with the Gen 2 SHP tube performs very well for what they cost. Hope this helps,

adding to what dinosnyder said.....
they are still serviced by companys in the us,and parts are avalible.
www.nvdepot.com sells parts for these and services them.they
serviced my old pair,and did an outstanding job,and were pleasant to deal with.
(hell,they even got me parts for my pvs7a's)
these are still being used by armys around the world that are friendly with the us
and are still being produced with gen 3 tubes.
plus,murphyjunk.com is the dope!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top