Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 9:57:09 AM EDT
This co-worker is selling off a few arms to raise some cash.He offered me a colt Gold CUP in stainless for $500. or a N.I.B.Brownig BAR II safari, composite stock,30-06 for $600. or both for $1000.
I'd like the colt,but I don't know if it's worth pissing off a co-worker and fellow shooter by trying to offer $400. The BAR really holds no interest for me, And I really don't feel like buying it,Hoping to sell it to free up the money I'd tied up.Is the colt/BAR deal the way to go? I feel it is,But...

ED. to correct commander to Gold Cup.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll never buy it for $400, don't bother asking.  I'd buy the combo if I had the cash, then sell the Browning if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto you won't get 600 out of the BAR ,but you should get at least 500.     The difference will be more than enough to make up for the savings you will get on the colt!

Just MHO!      Bob  
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Just letting you guys know,I shelled out the $500 for the colt,And passed up on the BAR.
along with the colt, He threw in 2 boxs of hydra shocks,a nice paddle holster,along with the original factory box.
After posting this thread.I felt some misgivings for wanting advice on a deal I already knew was "good" and then run the risk of blowing it over the asking price.Only thing is for the next few weeks I'll be living off of cold cuts and tea/coffee.
                 Jim
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You did well! Too bad you couldn't afford both at the same time. Both of those for $1000 would have been a good price.

Also, a good holster would cost you as much as $50 or more, so the accessories you got with the pistol only made the deal that much sweeter.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Jim

At $500 you got a great deal. You pratically stole is from the guy. You might be eating coldcuts for awhile but you got one sweet shooter. Hell I'd eat bread and water for a few weeks if I had too.

Safe Shooting

Jerry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top