Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 11:24:34 AM EDT
All the ones I have owned in the past were crap..
But just for the nostalgia I would like the get a quality one that could hold up well as a daily carry knife if choose to use it in that role..
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I too would like to know.  In for answers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Walts / Latama did a run of flatguard picklocks about 10 years ago that easily rival the quality of 1940's-50's blades......but , like Osprey said, expect to pay.....they are 3-600 each on the secondary market now...

Most of the blades floating around in the 70's/80's/90's were junk.......and many folks associated the cheaply made "Rizzuto Estiletto Milanos" as the classic Italian switchblade.....they were made in Japan and Korea for the most part....funny thing is that they were so cheaply made, relatively few have survived in good condition....and now have a cult following, and bring good $$$

Look for a 5mm wide backspring, and solid (not hollow or stamped steel) nickel bolsters as a general sign of a quality knife. Picklocks are more desirable than bolster release.

a few of mine:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tips..I appreciate it
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Burn knives (Paul Panak)
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]
While not purely in the classic style, Protech makes some that are very similar:

Every Protech I've owned or handled has been very high quality, and very capable for EDC.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top