Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 6:57:18 AM EDT
I saw one at the toy store and I want, but the only reason I want to buy a TiRant is that from what I understand the TiRant and the Osprey are the only .45 cans that are hearing safe when dry. If the short version is louder, it wouldn't be worth it for me. On the other hand, the standard one ought to come down in price a lot, too, right?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The 45-S was originally built for a military customer who specified that they wanted the can shorter, regardless of dB level. The S models are kind of like the Mini rifle models- they take the pop out of the round but are not hearing safe unless they are shot wet.

Or think of it this way- If the Ti-Rant 45-S model was just as quiet as the longer model, then why would AAC continue to produce the Tirant-45?

The standard Ti-Rant 45 is hearing safe shot dry.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried both at my local dealer. The S was much louder. The smaller size was nice but I bought the standard.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The 45-S was originally built for a military customer who specified that they wanted the can shorter, regardless of dB level. The S models are kind of like the Mini rifle models- they take the pop out of the round but are not hearing safe unless they are shot wet.

Or think of it this way- If the Ti-Rant 45-S model was just as quiet as the longer model, then why would AAC continue to produce the Tirant-45?

This is what I was thinking. but it wouldn't be the first time a company improved a design and then discontinued the older product. The salesman was telling me that he couldn't tell a difference when AAC demoed the new can but, well, it was the salesman. Thanks for the quick replies.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I was thinking. but it wouldn't be the first time a company improved a design and then discontinued the older product. The salesman was telling me that he couldn't tell a difference when AAC demoed the new can but, well, it was the salesman. Thanks for the quick replies.

He probably forgot to tell you he has hearing problems. }:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top