Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/20/2008 10:26:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/20/2008 10:28:43 AM EST by fortyfive4life]
Just got my C&R in the mail!!!!

I noticed the post in the tacked thread was from 2004. Is the package from RK Enterprises still the best log book and instructions packet out there?
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:15:44 AM EST
I purchased the C&R kit from RK Enterprises and am happy with it. Gave me much more than what I needed such as other pre-printed forms and info on C&R stuff. They send 2 spiral bound books, one for your C&R acquisitions/sold and the other book for your regular firearms. I heard Brownells sells record books for just a few bucks but have not seen them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:22:40 PM EST
That dude has been successfully selling that personal inventory book for YEARS by telling buyers they should have it. You don't need it for anything other than to give him some more $$$. He cracks me up. He tried that on me 12 years ago and failed. But there's enough gullable buyers who believe him. He makes a good product, yes, but you don't need that 2nd book for anything.

The aquistion & disposition book he prints is very good. Well done and a good product. But don't let him suck you into buying that 2nd book. I'll give him credit for being a very good salesman. As I recall he lives in Santa Barbara? That's not a cheap place to live. $$$$$.

Dutch
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:08:07 AM EST
Yeah, the kit has more than you need in it.

With that said, I thought it was a decent deal. The C&R book meets all the legal requirements for ATF. The second book does as well, not to mention providing a good place to log all your firearms, which is always a good idea anyway. And since it has all my guns in it, when they eventually reach 50 years old and are all C&R's, I'm already properly logged. It also has places to record modifications, accessories, and the like, unlike the C&R book.

He also sent a pad of "private sale receipts" for recording face-to-face gun sales. Again, not necessary, but a handy thing to have if you ever buy or sell a gun in that manner.

He also includes a copy of the federal regs books and a C&R application in the whole kit. While both of those are free from ATF and I didn't need them anyway, I ended up passing along the application and got someone else into the game as well.

There are cheaper ways to do it, but he's hardly the "rip off artist" he's being painted as in some of these replies.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:33:24 PM EST
I find the PDF thats floating around for a DIY bound book in a 3 hole binder works great and can't think of any reason to pay money for one. Ymmv.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:09:21 AM EST
I got the one from Brownells for about $5 and it is all I need.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:32:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Soybomb:
I find the PDF thats floating around for a DIY bound book in a 3 hole binder works great and can't think of any reason to pay money for one. Ymmv.

Ditto.
Top Top