Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:39:47 PM EDT
Does anybody have any good or bad experiences w/ Ingman .50cal ammo?
Saw it at Aimsurplus but never have heard of that brand before. Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:01:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 1:02:55 PM EDT by 50_Shooter]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:27:28 PM EDT
Igman makes great ammo. The 50 cal Igman ammo that is now available from AIM and Widener's is brand new and the box I got says "non corrosive" with an 06 (2006) headstamp. The stuff shoots great and is within US Mil Spec. It is boxer primed. I haven't reloaded it yet, but the once fired brass looks great. I am going to see how many reloads I can get from the brass. Should be fun.

What is mildly corrosive? Is that like slightly pregnant? It either is or it isnt' depending on the chemical makeup of the primer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 3:18:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 7:51:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:10:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2007 11:38:10 AM EDT by hakim]
The Igman just scares me! I am no gun and or ammo expert, but 4 or 5 years ago I tried one of their 8mm rounds that I bought from AIM in my Egyptian Hakim. That sucker ripped out the backside of the case, cracked the stock on the left side completely through, and blew the bullets and floor plate out the bottom of my magazine. I was shooting over a picknic table and I never found the floor plate to that magazine. I also got my forehead a little peppered. I had come to the conclusion that either the load was hot or the case wall was thin, and in the semiauto just did not work well for me. Can anyone explain was Darwin didn't get me?

And yes these are always a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:50:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hakim:
The Igman just scares me! I am no gun and or ammo expert, but 4 or 5 years ago I tried one of their 8mm rounds that I bought from AIM in my Egyptian Hakim. That sucker ripped out the backside of the case, cracked the stock on the left side completely through, and blew the bullets and floor plate out the bottom of my magazine. I was shooting over a picknic table and I never found the floor plate to that magazine. I also got my forehead a little peppered. I had come to the conclusion that either the load was hot or the case wall was thin, and in the semiauto just did not work well for me. Can anyone explain was Darwin didn't get me?

And yes these are always a good idea.

I own a Swedish Hakim (or rather, you own an Egyptian Ljugnman). Our DI rifles are sensitive to ammo and you used a load that was way too hot for our guns. You should not expect your Hakin to run on any old 8mm ammo under the sun; it has specific requirements you should be familiar with. You should reload for it and keep it on the mild side. Likely the Ingman ammo was designed to run on one of the Zastava copies of the MG42 that are common in the area of the world. While such ammo is fine in a strong 98 Mauser or M48 action, you should have known better than to try it through your Hakim. Just because "it fits" does not mean its safe.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 12:19:14 PM EDT
Definately on the warm side! I shoot it out of my Windrunner with no problem. Good for plinking and the brass is nice and solid. Makes the Windrunner sound like an AR-50!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top