Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 11:34:36 AM EDT
I bought some Indian .308 at a gun show last weekend and it came in bandoleers instead of the little 10 round bags.

I would think it can't be intended for machine guns if it's in five round stripper clips in a bandoleer. What rifle would these strippers/ammo fit? It appears to be of better quality than the plastic baggie stuff, as the bullet seating depth is far more consistant and the brass looks better.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I always hear to stay away from the Indian stuff, and I have, there is too much quaility NATO spec out there, someone posted a link for 980 rounds of South African 188.00 delivered, I pissed some people off on the ammo forum with a 14 year boy throwing rocks, but ask yourself, if a Battle born country is selling ammo, its good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry but it is shit.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered 2 battle packs (140 rnds ea) of the SA 308 from AIM today.  They performed well in my newly accuired STG58.  Price was $22+ per pack.  The can of 980 rnds (7  battle packs) was only like $145 or so.  Wish I could've bought more, but my current AR build has me a little strapped on play money.  It's a Krieger thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
anything Indian and ammo related is bad.  They've found a way to make curry powder and dirt combustable.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The Indian ammo on stripper clips and bandoleers is decent ammo. The Indian Army is armed with their version of the F A L and G3s.

The Indian 308 ammo with the OFV M80 headstamp with yr of manufacture in the mid 70s is OK. It isn't match quality by any stretch, but it is good blasting/plinking/CQB training ammo. The rbass is also boxer primed so it can be easily reloaded.

I have gone through about 1000 rds of it and had nary a problem.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I've only shot 40 rounds, but it shot fine, no noticable difference between it and the SA  and the stuff with the green sealer around the primer (Venezuala?) I was using.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
It's good if you have a gun you want to blow up shooting it!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I have seen it swell up and stick in the chamber. I have seen it rupture. Your rifle will be filthier than sewage after 100 rounds.

Don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I would stay away from Indian.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#12]
the indian ammo didnt even come in on the stripper clips and bandoliers. im pretty sure its aussie clips and bandoliers that they just put indian ammo on to fool poeple.

the bullet is sealed with TAR.  nasty, grimy, dirty TAR.

ive seen more KB reports because of this ammo then any other ammo i know of.

dont buy it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
the indian ammo didnt even come in on the stripper clips and bandoliers. im pretty sure its aussie clips and bandoliers that they just put indian ammo on to fool poeple.

the bullet is sealed with TAR.  nasty, grimy, dirty TAR.

ive seen more KB reports because of this ammo then any other ammo i know of.

dont buy it.

Yes, it did come here on strip clips and in bandoleers. Good grief man, if you are going to make stuff up, at least make it interesting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
but ask yourself, if a Battle born country is selling ammo, its good stuff.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I hate to admit this but I have a can (760-rounds) of this stuff that I have had for a couple years...  

I have not shot a single round of it because of the bad reports but idiot me found the reports after I bough the ammo...

I am curious if I get my 1919a4 built up if this stuff would be OK in the 1919a4 or is this can going to live with me the rest of my days waiting for SHTF when I will take my chances and use this stuff if I must?  I sure don't want to use in in my AR-10s or FNFALs....  

EDIT - I read the link above...  yea, I see even a massive 1919a4 is at risk with this shit....  Sucks to be me!  When I get time I will go through all the plastic bags of ammo I got in that can and post a review and sort the shells...  I will also make up a a go-no gauge and measure the COL and perhaps weigh the cartridges to see if I can find anything unusual....  It sucks to have this full can of what looked like nice ammo...

I am too broke to stockpile more at the moment but where is a good source for a blulk of 308 ammo these days for the FAL?  I would like to have a can of 700+ rounds if not more but since buyin that indian shit I have been buying American Eagle 308 stuff (or I think that is what I have been using)...

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, yesterday I burned through 220 rounds of the stuff through my FAL no problems at all. Every time it went bang, ejected, and the spent cases look fine.

Will I buy it again? Maybe, maybe not. Is it great stuff, certainly no, but adequate, probably yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top