Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/31/2002 6:47:14 PM EST
I posted this in the handgun forum and got zero responses. I'll ask it here since there's more traffic. Since Springfield Inc. began marketing the XD series, are HS2000's still being imported into the U.S.? Are they still reasonably priced? Where can I find one?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:03:35 PM EST
From what I've gathered in the articles I've read in both American Rifleman and Guns & Ammo, Springfield's XD has slight improvements/ refinements over the HS2000. It is my understanding that Spingfield is now the exclusive impoterer/ distributer of this pistol. So as far as I know the HS 2000 is now the XD and any Springfield dealer is where you will find them. I just checked springfield's web site and they list the gun at a $489 suggested retail. If the dealers where you are are like the dealers here the gun will sell for a good bit less than the suggested retail price. I don't know what HS2000s sold for, but the XD has been getting good reviews lately, Chuck Taylor seems to like it, and the price isnt bad a for a service pistol. Springfield may have upped the price slightly but the upside is that they should be alot easier to find given the large number of springfield dealers. I also think the option of getting one in OD green is cool, but I'd get a black one if I was buying one. Hope this helps clarify the issue.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:47:26 PM EST
Springfield Armory is now the exclusive importer of that line of pistols, which they have re-named the XD line and inflated the price by over 50%. Supposedly you can still find HS2000's now and again at gun shows, but I haven't seen one.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:01:04 AM EST
I saw a new HS200 in Colorado in 2000 for $250

I didn't buy it.

[>Q]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:01:17 AM EST
Look here:

www.hs2000talk.com
Top Top