Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 1:25:00 PM EDT
My Postban AR has been put together by me using several manufacturers' parts.  My lower is a complete factory Bushmaster, the chrome lined heavy barrel is Armalite, and the bolt carrier is from Rock River Arms.  The A2 upper, gas tube, charging handle, front sight, handguards, and bolt are from M & A parts.  Is this wide assortment of maufactures uncommon in AR-15s?  By the way, it looks like a 20" factory Armalite with the recoil check and it shoots flawlessly.  Does anyone else have a rifle similar to mine?  My other AR is a factory complete preban eagle arms carbine.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank god for CNC and Eli Whitney. Don't worry about that you have many parts from many manufactures.

Just worry if any of those parts are sub par. By the way it doesn't sound like it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#2]
In my book, that would qualify as a Franken-gun. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Franken Gun, not a bad Franken Gun may I add.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I've swapped so many parts around in my Bushmaster V-Match that I consider it a franken-gun now.  But she shoots really really sweet.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
If it works...FrankenGun good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:25:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Your not alone! My AR started out as a Oly Plinker. Slowly swapped out parts, only original things left are the barrel, fire control group, bolt and carrier. Bought a Model 1 flat top, RRA lower, Colt M4 handguards. But she shoots like a dream, never skips a beat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
In my best Gene Wilder impersonation:

"It's alive!!!"

Seriously, don't worry about it as long as it functions correctly.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Frankly, I look down on people that look down on Franken-guns.

I can't think of anything that makes me feel more like an American than:

-ordering an AR kit out of the back of The Shotgun News,

--having it waiting for you on your door step when you come home from work,

--and then spending the evening assembling and admiring your new militia piece.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Frankly, I look down on people that look down on Franken-guns.

I can't think of anything that makes me feel more like an American than:

-ordering an AR kit out of the back of The Shotgun News,

--having it waiting for you on your door step when you come home from work,

--and then spending the evening assembling and admiring your new militia piece.

Exactly!!!  And afterwards you don't have to post stupid questions about how your AR15 works, because after building one you know everything about it!!

I have multi FranknGuns....love them all.

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top