Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 3:48:52 PM EDT
to peoples email? I emailed a guy a few time about some mag for sale on this board.Never returned my email.i know he was on the board because he answered questions on his post.I emailed him long before he marked his stuff sold. I consider this rude.am i too sensitive???
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#1]
A tad bit!
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
to peoples email? I emailed a guy a few time about some mag for sale on this board.Never returned my email.i know he was on the board because he answered questions on his post.I emailed him long before he marked his stuff sold. I consider this rude.am i too sensitive???

Not "too sensitive."
I put people who advertise items for sale and who do not respond to emails in a category of people I most likely don't want to do business with anyway.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]
If you replied first by email and the guy ignored you and sold to someone else, I'd consider that to be pretty rude.  I guess next time you can post one of those "check your mail" post I see the other members leaving.  I guess it acts as sort of an "I've got shotgun!" type claim.  Oh well, you've been DISENFRANCHISED my friend.  Go call Al Sharpton.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Regardless of first second thirdy etc, Yes it's rude not to respond, especially if he expects to do more business.

If it's sold, then just reply "sorry, already sold" and book closed, end of story.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I initially wasn't going to reply to this, but I decided to anyway, lest somebody think I was rude
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Troy .... but ... but ... with the new rules ... you moderator guys told us not to put a "Check Your Email" post ...

Ted...
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#8]
You just reminded me to check my email.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Troy .... but ... but ... with the new rules ... you moderator guys told us not to put a "Check Your Email" post ...

Ted...

LOL!!!!  Got YA!!!

I know I try to reply to all E-MAILs and I know it gets frustrating when you want something but you need to confirm that an item is what you are expecting.  I guess it is part of buying in the virtual world!
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 5:42:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh well still empty.[>(]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not "too sensitive."
I put people who advertise items for sale and who do not respond to emails in a category of people I most likely don't want to do business with anyway.

Excellent point.  Good communication is an absolute necessity for non in-person transactions.  If they are too irresponsible to return an email, do you really want to send them your money?
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I consider this rude.am i too sensitive???

Don't take it too personally. I have gone so far as to us the "IM" option on the board, along with email and posting to the forum and had items sold out from under me. I don't really know what happened, but the deal went south. So it happens, but there will be other deals come around........

DK
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#14]
z71rat... you stole my moniker!!!

Now thats rude!  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree w/5subslr5....I had a great deal/trade going, but the seller was inconsistant, in getting back to me and his claims, after a couple MONTHS I gave up!
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a .30-30 up for sale on another board and got an e-mail inquiry from some guy.  He didn't leave any other way to get ahold of him except through e-mail.  And his ISP (at his work, apparently) blocks e-mails from my ISP.  My responses were rejected.  

Sometimes getting ignored might not be the recipients fault.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
z71rat... you stole my moniker!!!

Now thats rude!  

Nope.....stolen from eBay!! Shhhhhhh!!

Besides, we are both from Texas anyway!! Not to mention I registered first!! Hehehehe!!

DK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top