Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 6:11:20 PM EDT
Is an all German P99 really any better than the ones with the slides made in America?  There seems to be some sentiment that it is better but I am thinking it's more of a collector's item.

Whadda ya think?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Market value seems to favor the German models, similiar to the Italian Beretta's. Personally,I would favor the German model.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the S&W clone of the p99, the sw99, or am I out of the loop on them and Walther is using US parts now?

If you are talking about the sw99 I think Ive read some places that the american made ones dont match up with the german made P99s.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Silence,

I'm not talking about the SW99.  Some of the Walther P99's have slides that are made in the U.S., I believe by S and W.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
You are correct MisterGreens.  I've handled both back-to-back, they shot the same but on the all-German gun the slide felt smoother when you pulled it back, not as gritty.  Didn't affect performance as far as I could tell.  The guy I was shooting with was more irked at the crappiness of the roll marking on the American made slide than anything else, its not as nice as the all German slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top