Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2013 8:13:20 PM EDT
All (Someone suggested posting in this section rather than "Build it Yourself" - so here goes)

There is a pattern out there that I can't figure out how to replicate (see below pics). I want to see if anyone here has any ideas. I am guessing it is either one of the two following methods:

A. One "layer" of an Irregular/loose spider web-lace

OR

B. Two simultaneous layers of fishnet lace AND some wide irregular web/cargo-like netting.

Does this seem right? The larger squiggles, for lack of better term, are unbroken (ie you cant see the fish net scales in them) so that's why I think there must be some kind of irregular web netting out there that has both the fish net and large oddly shaped squares built into the fabric. Either way, does anyone know how this was done and where I can find the fabric(s)?

The technique seems straightforward enough, but I just can't figure out what he did to pull it off...

Below are some pics of the work.
Thanks

http://images-kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Hillbilly_223_Coating-600x450.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgje0IQfYKkO0xyI76FyeINLwJrBHyE6CUxrT_ndcOY3NhnDLa
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
They coater who did this is a poster here.
He might share some of his tricks with you.
There is a lot of stenciling and airbrushing going on in this. So he could be stenciling the larger lines too.
Looks like a lot of work.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Nwahillbilly is who you're looking for. I'm sure he'd be glad to tell you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
His Thread on ''Custom  Kryptic  Skull"  he states all hs work is airbrushed.  You can easily tell his work is not stenciled
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top