User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By French1966:

Oh that’s awesome!

I thought that scope looked familiar

Hope it’s working for you. I love they way it performs with the RH25, and how it keeps the overall weight down being a 13oz LPVO.

Speaking of which, I recently tested a $170 Amazon prism sight with the RH25. The Ohhunt 3x (which is a rebranded vector paragon 3x, which is also who makes the vortex prisms)

It works way better than it should, and actually looks better visually than the acogs I’ve used in terms of a more lpvo-like image due to the large ocular lens diameter, also great eyebox and eye relief. Wether or not it holds up, only time will tell.

The moral of the story: you don’t necessarily need to pair the RH25 with a super expensive optic to get very usable results. 1-4 & 1-6 LPVOs seem to be the absolute winners, but magnifiers and prisms work well also, especially if they have good field of view and present a large unobstructed image at the ocular lens.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/RenderedImage_jpeg-3074455.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/IMG_9290_jpeg-3074456.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/IMG_9292_jpeg-3074457.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/IMG_9318_jpeg-3074458.JPG

View Quote

Wow, this looks great man! Thanks for sharing.
VP
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:27:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#2]
Picked up my PF640 last night. The kiddo likes looking at the cat in red hot mode

Attachment Attached File

Took me a minute to figure out the menus and button modes, but once understood it’s ridiculously easy to navigate and switch up settings.

Mine appears to have the hole and lens for the laser in place, but no mention in the manual how to use it. Do these just have the lens cover to plug the hole in the body or is there actually a laser diode in there?

And what’s a good weapon mount for using it with 1.6-1.7” height over bore optics such as a T2 on a Larue LT660 tall mount? They’re lower 1/3 cowitness, though that’s not an actual measurement
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
Picked up my PF640 last night. The kiddo likes looking at the cat in red hot mode

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5370_jpeg-3085089.JPG

Took me a minute to figure out the menus and button modes, but once understood it’s ridiculously easy to navigate and switch up settings.

Mine appears to have the hole and lens for the laser in place, but no mention in the manual how to use it. Do these just have the lens cover to plug the hole in the body or is there actually a laser diode in there?

And what’s a good weapon mount for using it with 1.6-1.7” height over bore optics such as a T2 on a Larue LT660 tall mount? They’re lower 1/3 cowitness, though that’s not an actual measurement
View Quote

Congrats!

With the mounts that come with the RH25: AD mount and Wilcox FTS mount will be a little below line of sight, but well with in range to use with your T2/LT660. The OEM mount will be a little high, but again well within range. Not sure what mounts come with the PF640. I'm a fan of the Wilcox mount, but they sure are expensive compared to the other mounts.

You probably already know this, but using your thermal optic with the T2 will benefit greatly with the added use of a 3x magnifier behind the red dot optic.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#4]
Originally Posted By Fongman:

Congrats!

With the mounts that come with the RH25: AD mount and Wilcox FTS mount will be a little below line of sight, but well with in range to use with your T2/LT660. The OEM mount will be a little high, but again well within range. Not sure what mounts come with the PF640. I'm a fan of the Wilcox mount, but they sure are expensive compared to the other mounts.

You probably already know this, but using your thermal optic with the T2 will benefit greatly with the added use of a 3x magnifier behind the red dot optic.

Hope that helps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fongman:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/IMG_5370_jpeg-3085089.JPG

Congrats!

Hope that helps.

The pic mount that came with it put it at 1.93” and it’s pretty much unusable with the LT660 mounted T2, unfortunately. The PF mount does have the recoil mechanism in it, but I’m not planning to put this on anything larger than .308/6.5C, so don’t think the recoil reducing mount is required.

I’m not a huge fan of FTS, though I’ve never hunted with a clip-on, so maybe that opinion will change once I get some reps in. I’d prefer a simple QD lever mount to keep things lighter and cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The pic mount that came with it put it at 1.93” and it’s pretty much unusable with the LT660 mounted T2, unfortunately. The PF mount does have the recoil mechanism in it, but I’m not planning to put this on anything larger than .308/6.5C, so don’t think the recoil reducing mount is required.
I’m not a huge fan of FTS, though I’ve never hunted with a clip-on, so maybe that opinion will change once I get some reps in. I’d prefer a simple QD lever mount to keep things lighter and cheaper.
View Quote

There's the iRay/ADM Picatinny mount if that's what you prefer: https://irayusa.com/ac36
Get an adapter rail that allows both Picatinny and Wilcox FTS mounting (the iRay pictail can't do that). Selfish hint: https://jv-innovations.com/
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By javemtr:

There's the iRay/ADM Picatinny mount if that's what you prefer: https://irayusa.com/ac36
Get an adapter rail that allows both Picatinny and Wilcox FTS mounting (the iRay pictail can't do that). Selfish hint: https://jv-innovations.com/
View All Quotes

Thanks for the reminder thatyour system is coming. ETA?
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#7]

Thanks for the reminder thatyour system is coming. ETA?
View Quote

Subscribe to the email notifications.

Edit: Email from 1/2/24:

"SBR rail for RH25/PFN640+
In the next few weeks, we will do a small run of rails to test the hard anodizing. So far, all prototypes have been uncoated aluminum. If everything goes well with the hard anodizing, this is one of the final steps towards production. So hopefully by the end of January, we will have a very good idea when we can start the first production batch."
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for quoting that! Those dates are still valid, new rails are being machined this week.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Just signed up for the newsletter. I'm definitely interested in that
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:19:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#10]
Thanks for quoting that! Those dates are still valid, new rails are being machined this week.
View Quote

What would be a good QD or FTS mount that would work with your rail and get me a ~1.70" height on the PF640? Seems like everyone wants 1.93", but if the factory mount at 1.93" is any indication then it'll be useless for my needs as nearly all of my red dots are on 1/3 cowitness height mounts like the LT660.

ETA: would the iRay AC36 you linked to earlier accomplish that 1/3 cowitness height? Looking on iRay's site and a few other third party vendor websites and nobody seems to state the height over the rail for the RH25 with the iRay pictail shoe (AC52) and the RICO MICRO MQD Mount.

I presume your pictail shoe will be about the same height as the AC52 piece?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: javemtr] [#11]
This is the proper Wilcox FTS mount to mount a thermal in front of your optic and have it swing out of view to the right side: https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-flip-mount-for-oasys-utm-skeetir/

The other FTS mounts for magnifiers are meant to mount behind the optic and swing to the right. Which means when you mount one of those in front of your scope, it will flip to the left side. Plus the magnifier mounts are about 2 mm lower.

Anyway, my rail is designed to position the optical centerline at about 1.61" for both the FTS mount and the MQD AC36 mount. That height is a compromise to be able to use one rail design with both 1.54" and 1.70" height scope mounts. I've had people with 1.70" scope mounts test it and they were happy with the view.

I have heard that the dovetail portion of the iRay pictail actually puts the RH25 a little closer to 1.70", but it can only be used in FTS mounts by grinding away half of the Picatinny portion, which kind of defeats the purpose.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]
This is the proper Wilcox FTS mount to mount a thermal in front of your optic and have it swing out of view to the right side: https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-flip-mount-for-oasys-utm-skeetir/

The other FTS mounts for magnifiers are meant to mount behind the optic and swing to the right. Which means when you mount one of those in front of your scope, it will flip to the left side. Plus the magnifier mounts are about 2 mm lower.

Anyway, my rail is designed to position the optical centerline at about 1.61" for both the FTS mount and the MQD AC36 mount. That height is a compromise to be able to use one rail design with both 1.54" and 1.70" height scope mounts. I've had people with 1.70" scope mounts test it and they were happy with the view.

I have heard that the dovetail portion of the iRay pictail actually puts the RH25 a little closer to 1.70", but it can only be used in FTS mounts by grinding away half of the Picatinny portion, which kind of defeats the purpose.
View Quote

Thank you for the link and detailed info. I'll get on your site for updates and eventually pick up one of your SBRs once they're available.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
For those using it as a clip on, what 18650s have you had luck with? The ones I have are a tad too short and like to turn off with recoil.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:
For those using it as a clip on, what 18650s have you had luck with? The ones I have are a tad too short and like to turn off with recoil.
View Quote

I use Orbtronics. You should have an extra cap in your bag for shorter batteries.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

I use Orbtronics. You should have an extra cap in your bag for shorter batteries.
View Quote

I use the keep power that came with my modlites, which is a button top, though it shuts off with recoil. I'll get some flat tops and use the shorter cap.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]

I use the keep power that came with my modlites, which is a button top, though it shuts off with recoil. I'll get some flat tops and use the shorter cap.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

What mount are you using for the RH25 and what rifle/caliber are you having problems with it? I think this is the first instance of recoil shutdowns I've seen in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]

What mount are you using for the RH25 and what rifle/caliber are you having problems with it? I think this is the first instance of recoil shutdowns I've seen in this thread.
View Quote

I was using a Wilcox mount on a 556. But I was also using the longer battery cap with a shorter 18650.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#18]

I was using a Wilcox mount on a 556. But I was also using the longer battery cap with a shorter 18650.
View Quote

Yeah that’s the only scenario in which I’ve heard people talk about it shutting off.

They provide two battery caps to accommodate different 18650 lengths, and if you use the wrong one there’s a good chance it won’t work under recoil
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#19]
For handheld or helmet mount what are people using for retention/lanyard?

Is the built-in loop next to the objective for retaining a lens cap?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Received your email update about the hard anodizing. If you had to guess, approximately how long will that take and when do you foresee an inventory. I didnt see a way to "pre-order" them?
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Received your email update about the hard anodizing. If you had to guess, approximately how long will that take and when do you foresee an inventory. I didnt see a way to "pre-order" them?
View Quote

Anodizing initially promised me two weeks but haven't confirmed a completion date yet.
After I receive the parts back, I will look them over, do some testing, and then decide if this is the final design.
If everything looks great, I will start the pre-order at that time. But pre-order is too big of a word: there's no down payment or anything like that, you simply get the chance to get on a list and the first run of 100 production parts will be distributed in that order.
Machining and coating of the first 100 parts will take approximately 6-8 weeks.
Only when I have the finished parts in hand and ready to ship, will I ask people to either pay or step back for the next person in line.
Final price is not confirmed because I don't have a final anodizing quote yet, but it will be comparable to the competition.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Anodizing initially promised me two weeks but haven't confirmed a completion date yet.
After I receive the parts back, I will look them over, do some testing, and then decide if this is the final design.
If everything looks great, I will start the pre-order at that time. But pre-order is too big of a word: there's no down payment or anything like that, you simply get the chance to get on a list and the first run of 100 production parts will be distributed in that order.
Machining and coating of the first 100 parts will take approximately 6-8 weeks.
Only when I have the finished parts in hand and ready to ship, will I ask people to either pay or step back for the next person in line.
Final price is not confirmed because I don't have a final anodizing quote yet, but it will be comparable to the competition.
View Quote

I'm sure I speak for the members in this thread - thank you very much for being so responsive, transparent and eager to produce something of such great value!
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:46:21 PM EDT
[#23]

I'm sure I speak for the members in this thread - thank you very much for being so responsive, transparent and eager to produce something of such great value!
View Quote

Agreed!

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DernHumpus] [#24]
I ordered one today.

Where is the best place to buy:
A MOD bridge dovetail (OOS at arkayne)
IRAY QD Mount
IRAY Pic Adapter

What else do I need to pair a MH25 and NVM-14 on a MOD bridge?

Also, any ideas on a rail to clip it on ahead of my EXPS2 on a unity?  

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a RH25 and will spend alot of time helmet mounted with a PVS14.   In an effort to get some weight off the front I want to skip the 18650 and run the cable to a battery bank.  Who are you guys using to do the work?  Or are there options that we can just buy off the shelf?   If you are having someone build you one wants the optimal length?

Bill
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lycokayaker:
I have a RH25 and will spend alot of time helmet mounted with a PVS14.   In an effort to get some weight off the front I want to skip the 18650 and run the cable to a battery bank.  Who are you guys using to do the work?  Or are there options that we can just buy off the shelf?   If you are having someone build you one wants the optimal length?

Bill
View Quote

@lycokayaker

I got your PM but will post here for others

Just so you know, there’s no running external power if you want to use the RH25 left eye/pvs14 right eye.

It’s fine if you where the RH25 over the right eye though

I don’t have any recommendations currently for aftermarket RH25 cables. You could try CoryT here (check the threads and you’ll find him) and see if he’s still doing the factory cable conversions. He did mine a long time ago. Unfortunately the factory cable is straight though

If you get one made elsewhere , just make sure you get it angled appropriately. I would prefer a 90 degree going back towards the helmet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gastone165] [#27]
I am aware of a helmet friendly cord that is currently being worked on. It will be hopefully be announced here in the very near future including where to purchase it. I am wanting one badly as well but Iray has no intention of producing one. Hopefully a couple weeks I’m told.
There is also a bridge adapter that has been designed to position the Rh25 and a PVS 14 on a bridge with the same eye relief. It should be available soon as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#28]
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
I ordered one today.

Where is the best place to buy:
A MOD bridge dovetail (OOS at arkayne)
IRAY QD Mount
IRAY Pic Adapter

What else do I need to pair a MH25 and NVM-14 on a MOD bridge?

Also, any ideas on a rail to clip it on ahead of my EXPS2 on a unity?  

View Quote

Bumping this for you as I'm still wanting to add some bits and bobs to my PF640 for weapon and helmet mount.

I'm waiting on the SBR from our own @javemtr but still haven't figure out which weapon mount to pair it with that'll work with ~1.70" height optics. The iRay recoil mitigating mount seems to be suited for 1.93" optics, unfortunately.

I'm hoping the SBR and an iRayUSA ADM RICO MICRO MQD Mount (AC36) will put me in QD business for all the LT660 mounted T2s I have.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:23:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DernHumpus] [#29]

Bumping this for you as I'm still wanting to add some bits and bobs to my PF640 for weapon and helmet mount.

I'm waiting on the SBR from our own @javemtr but still haven't figure out which weapon mount to pair it with that'll work with ~1.70" height optics. The iRay recoil mitigating mount seems to be suited for 1.93" optics, unfortunately.

I'm hoping the SBR and an iRayUSA ADM RICO MICRO MQD Mount (AC36) will put me in QD business for all the LT660 mounted T2s I have.
View Quote
Since I have a unity mount, I'll just have to use a height adapter to add height.  Hopefully the AC36 works with the LVPO/Larue standard mount.

Anyone helmet mounting these next to NV have experience with running white phos vs green on their NV?  I could see it being a benefit to have something that looks similar or could see it not making much difference.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By French1966:

@lycokayaker

I got your PM but will post here for others

Just so you know, there’s no running external power if you want to use the RH25 left eye/pvs14 right eye.

It’s fine if you where the RH25 over the right eye though

I don’t have any recommendations currently for aftermarket RH25 cables. You could try CoryT here (check the threads and you’ll find him) and see if he’s still doing the factory cable conversions. He did mine a long time ago. Unfortunately the factory cable is straight though

If you get one made elsewhere , just make sure you get it angled appropriately. I would prefer a 90 degree going back towards the helmet.
View Quote

I am assuming left is a no go because of the PVS14 being to close to the port on the RH25?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 2:18:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#31]
Originally Posted By lycokayaker:

I am assuming left is a no go because of the PVS14 being to close to the port on the RH25?
View Quote

Yep

Although that’s assuming you want to have both down at the same time. Technically if you wanted to articulate/alternate between them it would be fine
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a couple questions regarding the use of the power cord.

1.When you have the power cord plugged in and running to a Anker power source on a helmet, does the RH25 require a battery to be installed?

2. If it does require a battery to be installed, what source does the RH25 use first? Does it run on the installed battery until it runs out, or use both batteries equally? Or does it run on the Anker battery which would be preferable?

On my old Flir Breach it ran on the remote Anker battery without having one installed in the unit, which was great. Not sure on this one. I’m sure someone has figured this out.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#33]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 3:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: French1966] [#34]
Originally Posted By Gastone165:
I have a couple questions regarding the use of the power cord.

1.When you have the power cord plugged in and running to a Anker power source on a helmet, does the RH25 require a battery to be installed?

2. If it does require a battery to be installed, what source does the RH25 use first? Does it run on the installed battery until it runs out, or use both batteries equally? Or does it run on the Anker battery which would be preferable?

On my old Flir Breach it ran on the remote Anker battery without having one installed in the unit, which was great. Not sure on this one. I’m sure someone has figured this out.
Thanks
View Quote

No, you remove the battery on the RH25

Some thermal user manuals specifically mention that the batteries should be removed when using external power. I can’t remember what is mentioned (if anything) in the RH25 manual.

I’ve always removed them to prevent any issues. Not to mention I felt that the weight savings by removing the 18650 was part of the reason I wanted to run external power.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:21:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gastone165] [#35]
My manual states

“Only use 18650 batteries to power the MICRO.”
With the battery removed and the cable powering it, the battery meter in the screen flashes red / low.

It makes no mention of the supplied cable. It does say, “Ensure the MICRO is powered off before removing the battery.”
I do notice that if the unit is turned off, it powers up automatically when you plug in the remote power cord.

I suppose I’ll toy with it and see what happens. I’ll post the results. Hopefully it’s not too sensitive.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#36]
If anyone is looking to sell ADM MQD or iRay dovetail/pic mount, I'm looking to buy.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm looking to put mine ahead of an Eotech EXPS2 on a unity riser with the ADM QD mounts.  From what I am seeing, if I have it at the same base height as the unity riser (a second unity riser) it will cowitness with the 1.93 Eotech.  Does anyone make an extended riser, or is the best thing to do just buy a second one?

Thanks

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm looking to put mine ahead of an Eotech EXPS2 on a unity riser with the ADM QD mounts.  From what I am seeing, if I have it at the same base height as the unity riser (a second unity riser) it will cowitness with the 1.93 Eotech.  Does anyone make an extended riser, or is the best thing to do just buy a second one?

Thanks

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/127430/11_5_jpg-3121007.JPG
View Quote

I may be wrong, as I don't have any 1.93" height red dots to see for myself, but I'm pretty sure the recoil reducing mount that comes with the optic should get you to the right height. I know it's too tall for my T2s in 1/3 cowitness LT660 mounts.

Or is the QD feature specifically what you're looking for?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#39]

I may be wrong, as I don't have any 1.93" height red dots to see for myself, but I'm pretty sure the recoil reducing mount that comes with the optic should get you to the right height. I know it's too tall for my T2s in 1/3 cowitness LT660 mounts.

Or is the QD feature specifically what you're looking for
View Quote
Yes, I want the QD for dual use on helmet.  

This is what I bought

Dovetail Adapter for Mod Armory Bridge1$124.00
iRay USA Pictail Adapter for the InfiRay Outdoor RH25 (AC52)1$129.95
iRay USA MQD Mount for the InfiRay Outdoor RH25 (AC36)1$199.95

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: javemtr] [#40]
Maybe I am misunderstanding, but you have your EOTech EXPS mounted on a Unity Tactical riser? What makes you think that your optical centerline is at 1.93"? Per Unity's website:

The FAST™ Optic Riser securely elevates direct-to-rail mounted red dot optics with a standard lower 1/3 co-witness picatinny mount to a 2.26″ optical center line. The FAST™ Optic Riser provides an elevated M1913 Picatinny platform for direct attachment of optics, such as EOTech® EXPS, Vortex® UH-1 and other lower 1/3 co-witness optics.
View Quote

Can you please verify the height of your optical centerline? Because if your EXPS is actually at 2.26", then you could simply get another Unity riser and mount the ADM MQD mount on top of that to also get to 2.26"
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 3:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gastone165] [#41]
For those folks having difficulty mounting the RH25 on a helmet, check out this bridge adapter. It adapts the Mod Armory bridge to work better with the RH 25. It evens out the eye relief between it and a PVS14, levels the rectangular view screen in a thermal unit with a wider eye separation and also allows the use of RH25 on the right or left by simply flipping over the bridge section and attaching the center shoe on the opposite side.

https://darknightoutdoors.com/iray-rico-mini-rh-25-rl-25-pvs-14-bridge-adapter-for-mod-armory-pre-order-deposit/
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Gastone165:
For those folks having difficulty mounting the RH25 on a helmet, check out this bridge adapter. It adapts the Mod Armory bridge to work better with the RH 25. It evens out the eye relief, levels the rectangular view screen in a thermal unit with a wider eye separation and should also allow the use of dual RH25's.

https://darknightoutdoors.com/iray-rico-mini-rh-25-rl-25-pvs-14-bridge-adapter-for-mod-armory-pre-order-deposit/
View Quote
Why wouldn't you just make that adjustment with a longer dovetail/picatinny adapter that bolts to the RH25?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: javemtr] [#43]
Why wouldn't you just make that adjustment with a longer dovetail/picatinny adapter that bolts to the RH25?
View Quote

Because in order to get the proper distance from your eye, the RH25 dovetail adapter wouldn't have to be longer, it would actually have to be shorter. The dovetail would have to be positioned more towards the center of the RH25 body. But there is no room there because of the position of the two raised threaded mounting bosses protruding from the RH25 body.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks
View Quote

Take a look back thru the pages and you'll find a few pics from either Frenchie or Diz that show a straight line from magnifier thru RH25.
Just curious about your Eotech being so far forward and not mated close to the Magnifier? Almost like the space between the two is reserved for something?
If I scroll back and find the Post # I'll put it up for you. It is definitely feasible.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Take a look back thru the pages and you'll find a few pics from either Frenchie or Diz that show a straight line from magnifier thru RH25.
Just curious about your Eotech being so far forward and not mated close to the Magnifier? Almost like the space between the two is reserved for something?
If I scroll back and find the Post # I'll put it up for you. It is definitely feasible.
View All Quotes
Thanks

Most people put the magnifier further forward, but the eye relief sucks and I don't run BUIS so I moved it back.  I will probably move the Eotech back to accomodate RH25 mounting.  

I will figure out the 1.72 vs 1.93 vs 2.26 tomorrow when my mounts finally show up.  From what I am seeing, the ADM stuff puts it at 1.93 which wouldn't work (well?) with my traditional 1.72 LVPO gun mounts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Because in order to get the proper distance from your eye, the RH25 dovetail adapter wouldn't have to be longer, it would actually have to be shorter. The dovetail would have to be positioned more towards the center of the RH25 body. But there is no room there because of the position of the two raised threaded mounting bosses protruding from the RH25 body.
View Quote
I see that now, I looked at it backwards.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 5:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#47]
@DernHumpus

It was mentioned a bunch of pages back, but look into a longer riser. I have the Bobro Engineering Double Decker that is slightly lower, but usable with a G33 on FTC mount.

Attachment Attached File

Edit: Pic added.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
@DernHumpus

It was mentioned a bunch of pages back, but look into a longer riser. I have the Bobro Engineering Double Decker that is slightly lower, but usable with a G33 on FTC mount.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/283502/1000015514_jpg-3121413.JPG

Edit: Pic added.
View Quote
How is that working for you?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#49]
" />

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#50]
How is that working for you?
View Quote

I only mocked it up to test it out and realized I don't really like FTC magnifier mounts (when working with night vision).
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top