Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:36:28 PM EDT
Is there a source for internal pictures and/or floorplans?  Every site I go to will either have just an external pic or, if it includes an internal, a small pic with no way of telling capacity configuration and shelf size.  I've seen some I like that have narrower shelves, allowing for more long gun capacity.  I think Sturdy and Summit make one, but I don't know of any others.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Really?

There's nothin' freakin' out there, anywhere, showing interior freakin' layouts?  

Well since this is my own private thread, it's time to break out the damn soap box!

These damn safe companies have really dropped the ball on truth-in-advertising.  A possible exception going to Sturdy for admitting that scoped guns take up more space and the options that they (Sturdy) provide and the resulting (more realistic) numbers.

Most importantly, safe companies especially need to WAKE THE HELL UP and realize that 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of gun owners aren't locking up their collection of over/unders and lever-actions!  This is the 21st FRIGGIN CENTURY!  More than half of the gun owners looking for a safe own at least one black rifle (foreign or domestic built).  A standard AR-A2 sicks out too far to engage the notches along the border of the "easy access rifle area"  The only solution is to lean it flat against one of the sides and take up the space of two to three rifles.  Currently (meaning: as of 2009), there's a very high probability that at least one of the black rifles (owned by one of the potential customers) has some kind of optic on top and/or possibly another off-set, some kind of electronics (lights, lasers, icecream makers, etc.) and/or bipod on the forearm, a mag pouch on the stock, or any combination thereof.  Which lever-action-friendly space is that supposed to fit into?!  So, potential customers see the new safe as they see a new house: Wow, look at all of the room... until they start to fill it.  The only difference is that the safe company misleads the customer by saying the safe holds X# guns on this side and X# on that side.  There should be a mandatory disclaimer saying that the "guns" referenced are blowguns!  Another mandatory disclaimer should say that the number listed should be subtracted by two for each long gun that doesn't fit into a skinny soft rifle case, and subtracted by four for each long gun that doesn't fit into a scoped soft rifle case.

So I'm left with the assumption that I'll have to buy a "48-gun" safe to hold my 13 rifles so they don't bang into each other.  I don't know which room of the house I will have to dedicate to this bohemuth, or how I'll deal with its gravitational field, but that's my only option.

What the hell diference does it make?!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rant...

I see your point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top