Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/17/2016 1:18:01 PM EDT

Sorting mixed processed brass and came across this odd headstamp.

Apparently produced in Canada for use in pistols and Sten guns being supplied to the Chinese resistance under the lend lease program. Some of it supposedly also distributed by the CIA to various revolutionary groups in the Caribbean and Central/South America post WW2.

http://iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:12:30 PM EDT
Shot a lot of it in a government agency, we referred to it a Canadian Ball, head stamps were 40-45. It came in 832rd spam cans
In 64rd boxes. The ammo was stored in some salt mines in Texarkana Texas and was a higher pressure subgun with hard primers.
It worked well till we got down to the last few cases, we bulged about 10 MP5 barrels from stuck bullets. Still have a couple spam cans
In my collection.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:57:17 AM EDT
pretty cool thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:07:01 PM EDT
Pretty interesting, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:08:22 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WillB:
Shot a lot of it in a government agency, we referred to it a Canadian Ball, head stamps were 40-45. It came in 832rd spam cans
In 64rd boxes. The ammo was stored in some salt mines in Texarkana Texas and was a higher pressure subgun with hard primers.
It worked well till we got down to the last few cases, we bulged about 10 MP5 barrels from stuck bullets. Still have a couple spam cans
In my collection.
View Quote

Thanks for the background info/story to. I love reading those types of posts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:53:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Edlips:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Edlips:
Originally Posted By WillB:
In my collection.

Agreed!

Kind of tempted to see how many times it could be fired and reloaded.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:05:48 AM EDT
Forgot to mention that the date on the case was not accurate. Was told it was actually made in the 50s sometime
For the Bay of Pigs Operation but of course was never used. Then it was stored in Texas till we got ahold of it
And used it all up in the by the late 90s. Like I said worked great till the last of it which moisture had gotten to it
I believe it even had that black bullet sealant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:21:04 PM EDT
Going by what WillB says it sounds like it was manufactured and stored at the Red River army plant/depot.
Top Top