Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 2:48:08 AM EDT
Gents,

I thought you'd find this interesting:

Chrs,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice picture Bollocks. Where was it taken ?
I guess not in the Netherlands ?

C-2-6
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 4:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the picture Bollocks. SIG, anything they make.   I like the stocks on the 551-SWAT and 551-P, they not only look good but I bet they make the weapon point beautifully also.

Simply Irresistible Guns
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Swiss military museum at Morges....?
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi guys,

Tuuka, nearly right...The pics were taken at the infantery trainingschool Walenstadt/St Luziensteig.

Chrs,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
F'in DROOL!!
I want I want.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Please: What is that Bullpup? nayone have more pictures of the bullpup? How reliable are Sig's guns over say... AR15's or even HK's? What about accuracy? Are ther eany major problems with SIGs? If I go to Canada I can get a SIG 540 BLUE STAR there which is legal in Canada.

Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
great picture, i wish those guns were in my safe
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks remarkably like my library at home, when I press a hidden switch and rotate the big book case 180 degrees.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
The guns on the left look familiar, but the ones on the right don't look Sig to me. They look like IMI Galil modifications of something....Valmet, Galil or Sig. The one on the top right looks like a Tavor. Holy crap guys, I wonder if IMI ripped Sig off to build those guns!

Hehehehe. Maybe not. Anyway, Doggonit, Sigs are up there with Valmets, AKs and Galils in terms of reliability. The gas operating system is essentially the same as an AK-47, but obvioulsly with Western modifications. This would put this rifle ahead of the AR and HK by any means. of course, at this point I might as well put my flame suit on and be prepared for the artillery/naplam barrage I'm about to endure.

themao
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi,

We also find the prototype bullpup very intriguing. It's a 540 variant in BP design, very rare bugger.

Chrs,
Bollocks
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Here, a pic of a fellow Canadian shooting his SIG rifle:

Yes its Blue, we also get the green and black models up here. But not that cute bullpup.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#12]
i   like the blue
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
They make a nice sniper also.

SWAT Model
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread hurts...
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#15]
QBit, "hurt" is a gross understatement. I'd trade my left nut for one of those rifles in that case.

Bollocks, that definitely looks like a Tavor to me. Sig probably ripped it off of IMI.

Hehehehe. I put money down someone checked out that gun before they came to the Israeli Army with the fearsome Tavor

themao
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Gents,

I also own a SIG PE90 Black Special

And it's the finest rifle in my safe.

Scarecrow,

How are the further restictions on these rifles? Can you own large cap. mags? How about the 551/552?

The only restriction here (besides that it's registered....) is the selective-fire option. They even sell seperate 551 and 552 uppers here!

Chrs,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Themao,

In which way does it look like the Tavor according to you? Except for the profile.

I compared pics of both and see a lot of differences.

The SIG bullpup looks like it is based on the SIG 543.

Rgds,
RG.nl

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Scarecrow,

How are the further restictions on these rifles? Can you own large cap. mags? How about the 551/552?

Look at the picture I posted above and look at my signature at the end of every post. High cap mags are legal, they just need to be blocked to 5rds. Kinda like when you go duck hunting and you need to use a plug to keep you from having too many rounds.

As for restrictions on these rifles in Canada, there are less restrictions on it then a AR-15. Still has to be registered though like all guns in Canada. No feature bans either way like the Americans.

No full-auto ofcourse.

As per the 551/552 rifles, we are allowed to get those too, but because of their short length they become Restricted, which pretty much means they have to be treated as handguns.

The only restriction here (besides that it's registered....) is the selective-fire option. They even sell seperate 551 and 552 uppers here!

Chrs,
RG.nl

Can you give me some contacts and prices for those uppers? I could have some very interested Canadians sent their way.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Is the blue one from Canada an Airsoft?
I didn't think they would let you even have a red ryder up there anymore.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Scarecrow,

I knew your from Canada if that is what you meant.

Did/do you also post on biggerhammer.net? Remember the discussion about the legality of the Blue Star? Well, anyway, it's good that they are available over there because it's the best current military style rifle imho. I also own and shoot competition with an AUG and several (tuned) AR15's but I like to shoot the SIG best...It's the Rolls Roys of military rifles!

The uppers I mentioned are a limited special run (no #number on them visible) for the dutch market and are expensive. They almost cost almost 80% of a complete rifle. I'll inform for you with the importer to get more details.

Rgds,
RG.nl
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Only if Airsoft make 5.56mm rifles for SIG.

Its as real as they get.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Bollocks, I am the one and the same. Anyhow I would very much still be interested, I am sure some people wouldnt really mind about the price that much.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Nope... SIG 90PE Blue Star. Blue version of Bollock's Black Special.

I don't know the restrictions/permits required for having one in Canada.  I do wish they were sold here in the US.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Hi Bollocks

Any info on the importer? I am looking for a SIG551 barrel kit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Themao,

In which way does it look like the Tavor according to you? Except for the profile.

I compared pics of both and see a lot of differences.

The SIG bullpup looks like it is based on the SIG 543.

Rgds,
RG.nl

In terms of general profile, and the fact that both systems utilize an AK like operating system (well, the Tavor uses locking lugs, so I guess it's more Aug like than anything if I remember. I'd have to read up on it again). General layout is fairly the same, but to a discriminating observer that knows Sig rifles like you, I'm sure there's several finer differences. Regardless, it wouldn't suprise me that some IMI engineer picked up this bull-pup and said: "Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder if I could do this to the Galil?????".

Thanks Bollocks,

themao
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]
It has already been noted that the Sig's use the extremely reliable AK action.  In addition they use a very rugged magazine.  The AR-15 mag is probably the root of many reliability horror storries.  They are likely very very reliable, but most of us in the US will never know...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top