Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/6/2014 9:51:38 AM EDT
Over the years of building and modifying NV units, and buying and selling parts and scopes, I have come by all sorts of odd parts. This is a very rare PVS-14 objective lens, made for ITT by Thales, all aluminum construction, and has an ANVIS coating. (second pic compared to standard objective) Guess which model of PVS-14?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:07:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1paintball:
Over the years of building and modifying NV units, and buying and selling parts and scopes, I have come by all sorts of odd parts. This is a very rare PVS-14 objective lens, made for ITT by Thales, all aluminum construction, and has an ANVIS coating. (second pic compared to standard objective) Guess which model of PVS-14?http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/nvphotos4u/DSCN1753.jpghttp://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/nvphotos4u/DSCN1745.jpg
View Quote

O-Ring sealed, too! Very nice. Looks like it would be part of a submersible PVS-14 NOD, or much more weather/waterproof.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:12:29 AM EDT
Damn, I have always wondered if a PVS-14 could work underwater.

If you were to make a case for it, could it see through the water?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:36:19 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:

View Quote

Pour a glass of Cabernet tonight. Turn off lights. Look at glass through NOD.

I don't know why that impresses me so much.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 4:39:48 PM EDT
Why is there no like button? I may try that tonight also.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:02:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brodband8:

View Quote

They do make submersible versions of the PVS-14... But you'd need dive windows to actually use one underwater. I've never seen dive windows for the PVS-14. but it would be possible.

If you want underwater use though, better going for the MUM-14. It comes with dive windows out-of-the-box. It's also commonly used for this purpose.

Regards
David
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:22:53 AM EDT
Clue as to origin of lens - orange
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:32:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1paintball:
Clue as to origin of lens - orange
View Quote

I know ITT at one time made a Orange PVS-14 for search and rescue applications. They discontinued that unit. Nice lens and I have never seen one like it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:52:36 PM EDT
Yup! ITT Night Rescue SAR-1. I have another lens like it I bought to use in a dual PVS_14 setup, but the coating was different, and it wont focus to infinity (gen II?) The one above is in the EE right now if anyone wants it.
Top Top