Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 10:04:59 PM EDT
HELP. I want to take the plunge into a select fire weapon. What is out there and how do I go about taking care of the paper work. I am starting from square one and know little to nothing about how to go about buying.  I would be thankful for any advice, and resources one might have.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Try reading over the full auto forum....

Scott

P.S. And the legal forum....

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, this would be better in the M-16 or legal forum.  First off decide what you want, how much you want to spend.  An M-16 is the most versatile, dedicated .22lr upper, 9mm upper, all sorts of variations can be made on the AR platform.  Learn as much as possible about the process of getting into class three.  Lots of laws and forms to familiarize yourself with.  Also talk to as many people as possible, there are a number of tips that will make the process go smoothly.  Check out www.subguns.com for some good info.  Good luck.

Add: I have learned a substantial amount about class three in the past year.  One concessus I have experienced is don't waste your time with burst weapons.  Especially with an M-16.  It is very easy to control two and three shot bursts when on full auto as well as being able to dump that 30 rounder in a few seconds and then trying to wipe that damn grin off your face.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
First find a dealer in your area that will do the transfer. They will be able to walk you through the paperwork drill. Its not that bad, just a long wait. They should also know about the details of the LEO signoff you will need. Then you can start shopping for weapons. M16 is a good choice if you want to spend that kind of money. A Vector Uzi is another good choice if you want to spend less. It just depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top