Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2011 4:00:35 PM EDT
I've been thinking of getting a suppressed 10/22 and the integrated ones look interesting. Is this the right place to seek advice, or should ask in the class 3 forum?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
probably wouldn't hurt to cross post on something like this.

as long as you don't mind having the suppressor dedicated to the host i don't see a problem with an integrally suppressed 10/22.

and it'll look just like any other bull barreled 10/22 and not be obvious what it is until it doesn't make noise when everyone expects it to.

it will also be shorter than most other configurations.

from what i've heard, either getting the factory bolt modified by radiusing the rear surfaces where the hammer rides as the bolt recocks the hammer will help performance with subsonics. you could also get an aftermarket bolt. modified bolt will be about $50 or $60 and a new aftermarket bolt will me slightly more from Rimfire Tech, Kidd or Volquartsen. the last oe comes with their own charging handle design and the recoil spring and rod. the others will come without the changing handle recoil rod assembly and a good one is about $30 from many vendors.

and you'll probably want a nice trigger. upgrades to the stock trigger start at about $30 or $40 for just an aftermarket hammer and go up. complete trigger groups are about $200 from RT or VQ and the Kidd single stage is about that prie too, the Kidd two stage is a little more.

there are are several ways to lock the bolt, turning the rifle into a single shot but making it quieter. one replaces the guide rod and charging  handle (this design won't work with the Volquartsen bolt), there's one that requires receiver mode IIRC and other DIY versions that are an aluminum plate cut to fit in the ejection port behind the CH and held in place with a rare earth magent.

i've heard good things about the Gemtech Oasis... that it's "spooky quiet"... much quieter than screw on cans.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback, I might cross post this.

I was thinking about this one or maybe something from GKD, although I honestly don't know anything about them - they just regularly come up on suppressed 10/22 searches.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
AAC is not yet released but it looks to be a really sweet one.  I was also check out Liberty, the other you posted has a bad rep stay away.
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
AAC is not yet released but it looks to be a really sweet one.  I was also check out Liberty, the other you posted has a bad rep stay away.

Thank you for that!
Link Posted: 6/23/2011 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for that!

You will love.  Mine is much quieter now than it was with my sparrow screwed on.
Link Posted: 6/27/2011 9:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been waiting on the as of yet unreleased AAC model myself
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey DJ, check out Bullseye in Lawrenceville. They have the AAC Firefly ( i think thats the name). Integerilly suppressed 10/22 barrel for $325 plus stamp.

Talk to Jeremy or Ben
Link Posted: 7/2/2011 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey DJ, check out Bullseye in Lawrenceville. They have the AAC Firefly ( i think thats the name). Integerilly suppressed 10/22 barrel for $325 plus stamp.

Talk to Jeremy or Ben

Hey, thanks for thentip!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like the new integral is about to ship.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is my recomendation as well as Thompson Machine's offerings.
Link Posted: 7/4/2011 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been thinking of getting a suppressed 10/22 and the integrated ones look interesting. Is this the right place to seek advice, or should ask in the class 3 forum?

Try silencerresearch.com

I have both integral and removable.....there are advantages and disadvantages to both......If I were to start over knowing what I know now I would just get a full auto rated removable/screw on type suppressor to go from gun to gun and one that can be taken apart for cleaning...that is a must!
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Where did you see/hear that?  I was on their site yesterday and didn't see anything on it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you see/hear that?  I was on their site yesterday and didn't see anything on it.

Major Malfunction (big silencer wholesaler if you dont recognize the name) posted it on his website silencer forum.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Major Malfunction (big silencer wholesaler if you dont recognize the name) posted it on his website silencer forum.

Thanks, never been there before.  I'll monitor it for updates.
Link Posted: 7/26/2011 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a LRM Vidar integral barrel.  It is light weight while looking like a bull barrel and it is very quiet because it has a ported barrel.  The problem is you can't take it apart for cleaning and it isn't as accurate as the stock Ruger stainless barrel that came with the rifle which was very disappointing.  If accuracy is something you are looking for, make sure to ask about it.  I also have a Tac Inc Quest which is fun for my AR15 in 22, Ruger 22 pistol and SBR 10/22.  It isn't as quiet as the LRM and has a noticable first round pop but it is very versatile.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#16]
You might check out STW Systems IBS barrels.

They built one for me with a Volquartsen stainless 1/9 barrel a few years back. This thing is pure sex. Eight inch long seven-series titanium removable one piece baffle stack. Fouling seems to just fall of of it when cleaning.

I have fired or known folks with the other brands mentioned, but the STW just stands out as pure quality.

http://stwsystemsinc.com/10-22.html

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I would get a can rather than an integral. With an integral you can only use it on that one weapon. With a can you can swap between weapons.

I find myself swapping mine between several weapons every single time I shoot.

Dolomite

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would get a can rather than an integral. With an integral you can only use it on that one weapon. With a can you can swap between weapons.

Dolomite

You need more cans.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dolomite

You need more cans.

Working on it. I just completed my first Form 1 can in rimfire. My next Form 1 can is going to be either 9mm or for a 223. Then after that I am going to be doing some SBR's probably. I was able to make an all stainless can for about $40 in materials. It has .065" wall (I know it is overkill) stainless tube, threaded endcap, stainless blast baffle, some stainless "K" baffles and then a few flat baffles. Everything is held in place with stainless spring clip. It should last a lifetime. And I compared it to a AAC Pilot and mind was just as quiet even though the owner of the Pilot said mine was a lot quieter. The only thing the Pilot had on mine is weight.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dolomite

You need more cans.

I'm working on that as I have enough thread on and QD cans so now I'm hooked on integrals that come apart

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dolomite

You need more cans.

Working on it. I just completed my first Form 1 can in rimfire. My next Form 1 can is going to be either 9mm or for a 223. Then after that I am going to be doing some SBR's probably. I was able to make an all stainless can for about $40 in materials. It has .065" wall (I know it is overkill) stainless tube, threaded endcap, stainless blast baffle, some stainless "K" baffles and then a few flat baffles. Everything is held in place with stainless spring clip. It should last a lifetime. And I compared it to a AAC Pilot and mind was just as quiet even though the owner of the Pilot said mine was a lot quieter. The only thing the Pilot had on mine is weight.

Dolomite

Hey buddy,  I'm jealous!  Hope you're doing well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2011 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't even consider an integral unit. I wanted a can that I could move around to about 10 different platforms.

Link Posted: 7/27/2011 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dolomite

You need more cans.

Dolomite

Hey buddy,  I'm jealous!  Hope you're doing well.

Crutches are now a permanent part of life for me. Got tired of falling all the time. Doctor wanted me on a walker but I told him I wouldn't use it so we decided on crutches. Other than that things are pretty much the same since the the last time we spoke. Family is doing well, hope yours is too.

I'll give you a call sometime, got another crazy idea rattling around in my crackpot brain of mine.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I am partial to AAC they are in my home state. AAC has great products and will stand behind what they sell 100% I have an AAC pilot 1 it works great.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have heard nothing recently on this - is it dead in the water?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent heard much either which sucks because im waiting for it myself.  I already have 3 screw on .22 cans and want some integrals now. lol  Anyway im pretty sure its not dead but apparently taking longer than expected to release.  Me personally im going to keep waiting because short of a custom build there are no other integrals that can compete imo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I didn't even consider an integral unit. I wanted a can that I could move around to about 10 different platforms.

http://i51.tinypic.com/24fd3ds.jpg

An integral is the next logical step though.  A good one will make your screw-on cans sound downright loud in comparison.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent heard much either which sucks because im waiting for it myself.  I already have 3 screw on .22 cans and want some integrals now. lol  Anyway im pretty sure its not dead but apparently taking longer than expected to release.  Me personally im going to keep waiting because short of a custom build there are no other integrals that can compete imo.

looks like Mike from AAC answered your question on the other forum:
Quoted:
We have had some delays and are just now starting to work on the first batch. Sorry for the trouble.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Tactical Solutions has a new (sort of) integral that is user serviceable for cleaning. It's a 12" barrel with a removable baffle, pretty slick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I was going to wait for the AAC integral barrel but then I decided to go Form 1 as it will weigh less than a stock skinny 10/22
barrel when done and easy to remove the baffle stack for cleaning.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top