Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2007 9:47:19 AM EDT
Looking ahead here since MI is hopfully going to allow suppressors. Our SBR law is something totally different and the ban on them is not looking to change.

So, suppressors ok (soon), SBR not ok.

Ive read that intergal suppressors do count for the barrel length and overall length on a rifle. I shot a buddies RRA AR15 9mm carbine and loved it. Just cant see hanging a suppessor on the end of a 9mm 16"barrel. But it may come to that.

Are there intergal AR15 9mm suppressors what would be 16 inches overall?
Who makes them?
Are they any good?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm barrel 10" long with 6" silencer, tack welded on or any combination over 16" is not a short rifle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
double posted
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like a custom job now, AAC did make one or at least listed one but I think they have dropped it from there list. everything else is under 16". I would e-mail LRM and see if they would build you a custom 16" upper. I bet they would. here is a link LRM. I had one made (not by them) but I wished I had e-mailed them first. good luck.  also I think there is a Jeffs Gun in AL that does 16" AR pistol cal uppers. you can find him in a shotgun news mag/paper I think.

Link Posted: 2/13/2007 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]
LRM out of business. Try to keep up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I found a better idea. Please confirm for me that this is legit.
Build/buy an AR15 9mm pistol from a virgin receiver (pistol on books,etc.)...
Buy a SWR Trident (or other) that I can use on my Glock 9mm (w/LID) and AR15 9mm pistol.
About as close as one can get to a supressed SBR in a no SBR state?

Link Posted: 2/13/2007 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I would take a Glock 9mm with a 33rnd magazine and AAC Evolution 9 silencer over a clunky AR pistol
Link Posted: 2/14/2007 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 10:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is an SRT Arms 16.5" overall length unit. The fancy handguard was supplied by the customer

118 db with 147 grain. That is quieter than most .22 muzzle suppressors.

Doug
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is an SRT Arms 16.5" overall length unit. The fancy handguard was supplied by the customer

118 db with 147 grain. That is quieter than most .22 muzzle suppressors.

www.srtarms.com/Integral9ARa.jpg

Doug

That's pretty!!! I've been wanting to contact you to inquire about one of those. I just need to take care of a few things before it happens.

A few quick questions............

How long is the barrel portion on that?
Is that ported? I understand you are rating it 147gr.
What buffer are you running in that?

I'll assume you can do that on an Oly setup.

Oh say yes.......... please.

Thanks,
NOX

Link Posted: 2/16/2007 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
You should be able to make a 9mm integral pretty damn quiet at 16inches OAL...  

You only need about 3.75" of barrel.  maybe less.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm hoping for about 5"- 6" so for accuracy. Basically how long can I have the barrel portion of that and still get those ratings with no porting and using 147gr.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I was just about to ask about the same thing, I'm in Michigan.  It looks like SBR just aint gonna cut it, And 10 grand for an M16 aint gonna happen.

I'm going to build with the shortest barrel and longest suppressor I can to make my 16 inches.  I see quite a few Uzi suppressors that are 11.5 inches. Anybody had success with this?

Is there usually a removable end cap on the mount end of a suppressor, could it be welded on too?  Suppose it would depend on the model.  Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]
LRM Firearms

We now offer a M-169 upper in a 16.5" so you would not need to reg your AR15 as a SBR

Sounds like a good option.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
LRM Firearms

We now offer a M-169 upper in a 16.5" so you would not need to reg your AR15 as a SBR

Sounds like a good option.

as noted above in the thread, LRM is out of business now. He gave up his FFL/SOT as I understand it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2007 3:54:33 AM EDT
[#15]
AAC still will make it but it is special order Ask for the SPEC-919. Ony problem is that to make it 16" they have to use an adaptor on a 5.5" barrel - Had mine made with out the adaptor so I have a 6" can on a 5.5" barrel - sweet

Quoted:
looks like a custom job now, AAC did make one or at least listed one but I think they have dropped it from there list. everything else is under 16". I would e-mail LRM and see if they would build you a custom 16" upper. I bet they would. here is a link LRM. I had one made (not by them) but I wished I had e-mailed them first. good luck.  also I think there is a Jeffs Gun in AL that does 16" AR pistol cal uppers. you can find him in a shotgun news mag/paper I think.

Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

as noted above in the thread, LRM is out of business now. He gave up his FFL/SOT as I understand it.

Reading Owns Me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#17]

A few quick questions............

How long is the barrel portion on that?
Is that ported? I understand you are rating it 147gr.
What buffer are you running in that?

I'll assume you can do that on an Oly setup.

We use a 9" barrel in the 16" OAL and a 7.5" barrel in the 14" OAL tube/barrel configuratations.

Longer barrels=higher velocities, we don't want the bullets dribbling out the end of the barrels at 800 FPS like they do on MP5SD's.

You have to run 124 gr or 147 grain for subsonic use. 115 gr will run supersonic at about 1200 FPS. This upper is designed for users who want terminal ballistic capability.

You pick your upper and we will suppress it.

Doug
SRT Arms.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#18]
John Norrell also makes a 9mm Integral upper...

LRM has sold his business to another person who will continue to make the LRM 169 (I have one)

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#19]
"Longer barrels=higher velocities, we don't want the bullets dribbling out the end of the barrels at 800 FPS like they do on MP5SD's"

This is an issue with my LRM M169. It was designed to be used with 115 grain bullets. If you start playing around with loads you get all kinds of weird velocities. It you try to shoot actual subsonic ammo you will get velocities like 800 fps.
If I had it to do over again, I would have specified that I wanted one without the ports to slow the bullet down to subsonic velocity. I would rather tailor my ammo to subsonic velocity than have the gun do it for me. I have no control over what the gun does, I do with the ammo.
I do have a Glock pistol with a 33 round mag and an AAC Evo9 can on it and I would much rather have that than a "pistol" AR. However, it is a two stamp gun. I registered the pistol as an SBR so I can put a stock on it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Keith at NFA Investments in TX also makes one. Talked to him about one a year or so ago but never went through with him building it. Price was not bad, IIR.

Go without the ported barrel.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep, I'll definitely get one without porting as I want to be able to adjust my ammo for my needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top