Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/24/2007 6:36:07 AM EST
Gentlemen,
...Garand's which one do you favor the most. What draws you to that rifle. Is it a safe queen or your best shooter. Or is it something about it that you can't put your finger on.
Thanks again
Clancy
www.garandm1rifle.com
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:35:58 AM EST
Well, sir, as my collection of Garands totals one rifle, I would have to name that one, a Springfield Armory rifle, made October 1945, as my favorite....and it's more accurate than I am as-is, despite having been Field Grade according to CMP.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:44:16 AM EST
Mine would have to be an "almost" correct HRA rack grade that I received from the CMP two years ago. The two parts that I needed to make it correct were a gas cylinder lock screw and the trigger assembly. Problem solved on the CMP trader board.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:54:04 PM EST
Clancy, you may as well ask me which one of my children is my favorite child.

I love 'em all!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:57:25 PM EST
As with kids, you always have one you favor a little more, for one reason or another. Oldest Son, youngest Daughter, whatever weird though silent quirk.

Im thinking I favor the one I redid over almost all else. Something about her optical beauty. New hand done stock, hard cartouche, new park job with 6 digits, and on top of all else a great shot group.

Damnit, now I need to go let her out of her cage and fondle her a little bit.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:42:07 PM EST
It's like the old Jeep commercials. "because I always wanted one". I've had 4 over the years. I settled on the one that I resurrected from a parts kit and a CMP receiver. Bringing an M1 back to life is a pretty good feeling.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:08:33 PM EST
my H&R

because it keeps knocking down deer and elk, next year hopefully a moose
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 12:31:47 AM EST
My 2 million Springfield armory. I bought her with the inheritence Grandpa left me after he died. He was a marine aircraft mechanic in the Pacific during WW2 and used the garand, I had wanted to buy one and show it to him but he died 8 months before I got her.
Top Top