Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:17 AM EDT
I SHOULD have mentioned this before, and it might have saved all the uproar I caused, though I must say I learned QUIET a bit.

I HAVE plenty of spent .50 brass that I save from my random affairs with my friends AR50. When we have the time we take the 2 hour something drive to Buffalo Rock and have some plinking fun. I save all the brass I shoot. It dawned on me JUST now that I could pull the bullet from the Live round I have and reset it on the expended brass! BUT I haven't the press or the bullet puller to do so.

Whats involved in resetting the bullet? A friend of mine reloads but only in .357 i believe. I'm unsure of what tools he has. I'd have to ask him, but he hasn't had experience with bullets this large. Take it to a gunsmith? Buy the appropriate bullet puller? I wait for your answers! :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:01:35 PM EDT
I've never pulled that big of a bullet. A lot of people just put the brass in a press and grab the bullet with a pair of pliers. A lot of presses just won't deal with a 50 bmg though.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By arclight67:
I SHOULD have mentioned this before, and it might have saved all the uproar I caused, though I must say I learned QUIET a bit.

I HAVE plenty of spent .50 brass that I save from my random affairs with my friends AR50. When we have the time we take the 2 hour something drive to Buffalo Rock and have some plinking fun. I save all the brass I shoot. It dawned on me JUST now that I could pull the bullet from the Live round I have and reset it on the expended brass! BUT I haven't the press or the bullet puller to do so.

Whats involved in resetting the bullet? A friend of mine reloads but only in .357 i believe. I'm unsure of what tools he has. I'd have to ask him, but he hasn't had experience with bullets this large. Take it to a gunsmith? Buy the appropriate bullet puller? I wait for your answers! :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:01:55 PM EDT
Will the neck size of the spent round hold the bullet? I would imagine some epoxy or superglue would hold it if you can't swage it into place.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:03:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By xylo:
Will the neck size of the spent round hold the bullet? I would imagine some epoxy or superglue would hold it if you can't swage it into place.

Not real well, it will be loose

To pull the bullet get a kinetic puller, get a puller for a press or just order a few bullets and make your dummy rounds vs pulling good rounds.

I would find a friend with a 50 press- It will be a lot easier
Top Top