Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 9:05:59 PM EST
I owned an Imbel rifle about 6 years ago and sold it like an idiot. Ive been shooting M1A's for years but I would like to get another FAL.

Im looking at getting an SA58C but I was wondering why there is such a price differance between the STG58's and the SA58's. The prices Im referring to are on DSA's website as the MSRP. I see a few minor differences such as metal handguard versus synthetic, bipods and carry handles versus none.

Can someone break it down for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:14:35 AM EST
The STG58s use cheaper surplus parts (less and less as they run out), and the other uses parts made by DSA.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:00:07 PM EST
The barrels are new now on the STG58 IIRC? I bought a new one for $960 OTD in 2006. Love it. Plan on replacing the handguard for sure!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:00:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By AeroScout23:
I owned an Imbel rifle about 6 years ago and sold it like an idiot. Ive been shooting M1A's for years but I would like to get another FAL.

Im looking at getting an SA58C but I was wondering why there is such a price differance between the STG58's and the SA58's. The prices Im referring to are on DSA's website as the MSRP. I see a few minor differences such as metal handguard versus synthetic, bipods and carry handles versus none.

Can someone break it down for me.

The StG58 is a great value IMHO - mine has an original Steyr barrel...one of last few DSA shipped out before running out. They now come with a US made Chrome Lined barrel...still good to go though!

Cheers,

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:00:01 PM EST
Thanks fellas.

Im going to see how long the back order is for DSA. Im going to secure the SA58 first, I think in about 3 more months I will place an order for an STG.
Top Top