Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 12:16:16 PM EDT
Then why are they allowed to have a banner ad at AR15.com? i know from personal experience with them that they sell sub-par products and I also know from reading feedback from other members that they sell sub-par products, so what gives? I DO understand that maintaining a website such as this is a pricey undertaking, but do we really need the sponsoring of a company that doesn't give 100% quality and support?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Could the reason they have a banner have to do with the fact they pay for it?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#2]
We (Castle Arms) have been dealing w/ them for years, without so much as a hiccup...  Sometimes they get behind, but quality is on par w/ the finest!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's see, less than 4 days from time of order to in my hands.  I have owned my rifle for about a year and a half now.  Rifle shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups at 100yds, with iron sights, and a jackass behind the stock.  Kit matches perfectly my Bushmaster lower.  Contributer it the BRC.  Ya, your right, everbody send me their piece of SH!T Model 1 sales rifle.  I don't want anyone to have to deal with such poor quality.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let's see, less than 4 days from time of order to in my hands.  I have owned my rifle for about a year and a half now.  Rifle shoots 3/4" 5 shot groups at 100yds, with iron sights, and a jackass behind the stock.  Kit matches perfectly my Bushmaster lower.  Contributer it the BRC.  Ya, your right, everbody send me their piece of SH!T Model 1 sales rifle.  I don't want anyone to have to deal with such poor quality.

Gee, thanks for not being too sarcastic with your answer on such a simple question.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, you're the one doing the anti-advertising, dude.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
gunner-1,

I am sure there may have been some problems with Model-1 sales, but for the most part they are a good company.  I have seen there parts and they have always been new quality parts.  What you experienced may be differant but that's not their overall track record IMHO.

So give them another try....or at least check them out a gun shows were you can see their stuff in person.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered 7 trigger groups from them a while back. 3 of the trigger groups were bad.  The guns fired full auto.  Not having a class III license I imediately took them to a gunsmith that worked at Camp Perry. He told me they looked like either Government reject parts, or they were just plain bad.

Just my experience with them.  I don't trust them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered 7 trigger groups from them a while back. 3 of the trigger groups were bad.  The guns fired full auto.  Not having a class III license I imediately took them to a gunsmith that worked at Camp Perry. He told me they looked like either Government reject parts, or they were just plain bad.

That's what I'm talking about. Back in October when I ordered my upper from them, I did a search in these forums afterwards and found what was a pretty mixed view of them. I WILL concede that maybe my bad experience with them has jaded me a bit, but I truly thought the general consensus was to go somewhere else with my money- which I did after the upper failed to feed rounds from the left side of the magazine and after I sent it back to be worked on to no avail. If I just had a bad experience with them and the majority of the people who read this post think that they are a good business to work with, then I'm man enough to apologize for what may be construed as negative feedback. In closing in my defense, I thought this was a similar situation to RGUNS.

That's what i'm talking about. Back about 6-8 months ago when i ordered my upper from them, I did a search
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Errr... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't M16 and AR15 fire control components completely different?  I'm not sure how that gunsmith came to the conclusion that they were "Government reject parts" unless they sent you M16 internals - I'm not sure that the government buys enough semi-auto AR15's such that they have so many "reject" parts.  That being said, it does sound like there was some issue with them - I just think that the gunsmith you talked to was full of it.

I don't think it is any secret that you generally get what you pay for.  These companies offer low costs AR-15 parts - they certainly have a valid place in the shooting community.  What major "tier 1" manufacturer can you get complete uppers for $400, let alone the buttstock assembly and lower parts kit?

Even the best companies throw out a few lemons now and then.  The true colors of a company show in their attempts to resolve their problems.  Gunner-1 compared them to RGUNS in a post above, but I've never seen them here calling a customer who had a problem a liar and cursing at them.  If you had an issue with their parts and they did not attempt to resolve it, it is another thing altogether - however, I really haven't heard any problems with them in this regard.  

When hearing about the supposedly poor quality of any of these kits, you also have to take into account that many of the resulting rifles are "garage" builds by people who may or may not know what they are doing.  I'm sure alot of the problems have to do with the builder not necessarily knowing what they are doing or how to correctly recognize or troubleshoot issues.

Rocko
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I've ordered several parts kits, parts and accessories from Model 1 and all of them have been top notch brand new assemblies that have worked just fine. I have found them to be very responsive when answering questions before the sale and even more responsive to custom orders and build requests. It seems to me that anyone can have a bad experience with any company (I know of a few that others claim have the best parts and service, but I got screwed by them on several occasions). If you have had a problem with an item purchased from them, I know they have a money back guarantee so why didn't you just return it and say "sorry guys but I want my money back?"
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've ordered several parts kits, parts and accessories from Model 1 and all of them have been top notch brand new assemblies that have worked just fine. I have found them to be very responsive when answering questions before the sale and even more responsive to custom orders and build requests. It seems to me that anyone can have a bad experience with any company (I know of a few that others claim have the best parts and service, but I got screwed by them on several occasions). If you have had a problem with an item purchased from them, I know they have a money back guarantee so why didn't you just return it and say "sorry guys but I want my money back?"

That's exactly what i did and my uper from Gunsmoke-Inc. is working flawlessly, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it Model 1 or M&A Parts that have the Chrome lined bore and chamber? I know one of them doesnt.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#14]
All the uppers I've recieved from Model 1 where chrome lined. I can't say for M&A as they are on my "shit list" (much like Model 1 is for gunner-1). I guess some of us just take getting a bad part worse than others. I learned long ago that parts kits and used firearms have as much chance of working when you buy them as your average 1980 Datsun Z, sometimes it's user error, sometimes its a bad part and then there are the few times that someone knowingly sold you a lemon and won't do a thing to help you other than say "no returns on used merchandise". It's that last one that irks me, but most all of my bad experiences where remedied by the sellers.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Another point.  Places like M&A, Model1 and J&T probably get all there parts from the same suppliers.  None of these places makethe parts themselves to the best of my knowledge.  Yes you get what you pay for, but why pay $1000 for an over priced Colt when you can easily build an AR15 for $600?  They are probably the easiest damn rifle in the world to build.  And most AR15 problems are related to mags and ammo, rarely is it do to parts.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I got a defective barrel from them and tried to return it. The number I used to order it was suddenly no longer in service. We I sent them a threatening letter to a fax number a new barrel suddenly showed up.

And lets not forget the clowns at Sherluk.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a good thing I bought my kit from Model 1, before checking this site.  I have never had a single malfunction of any kind.  Every one who has seen my rifle....thinks it is great.  Fit and finish.....great ......20" flattop on a BM lower.  I've got no complaints.
Charlie
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Just to throw my 2 cents in - I built my M4gery from a Model 1 upper.  It is a stainless barrel and it has performed flawlessly.  I did send it in to have them align the front site which they did quickly and correctly.  I have no regrets getting it from them.  Like someone else said.  the price was right.  I picked up (at a gunshow) a rr lower and everything else to put the m4 together w/ green hardware and i think i fell below $700.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#19]
My Model 1 Sales M4 upper has been sent back three times and replaced twice. The lower parts kit was so bad and over sized that the rifle was a single shot throwdown. It went on a RRA postban lower. Now I am going to have to replace the bolt. OH, they will fix it no matter how many times I have to send it back but have never once offered to repay my shipping cost. A friend of mine has one of their CAR kits that so far shoots without a malfunction.

So as far as my opinion of Model 1 Sales goes it is best summed up by saying "Even a stopped watch is right twice a day"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top